Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Compset B1850, input data download error

Shruti

Shruti Joshi
Hello,

When executing cesm 2.1.2 with intel/gcc/clang compiler, ./case.build gives the following error :
"ERROR: Failed to find or download file cime/projects/scratch/B/run/inputdata_checksum.dat"

When i re-execute ./case.build(without any changes) , the build goes on to executing successfully.
What might be the reason for this error? Could you please explain how to resolve this.

Also with clang, facing issue with input data download.It gives the error:
" GETFIL: FAILED to get cesm-inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ag-ship-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c"

There is no file as "emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ag-ship-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c". Any suggestions on this would be appreciated.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
First the input data download functionality has nothing to do with the selected compiler.
It seems that you have DIN_LOC_ROOT set to a relative rather than an absolute path. I recommend changing this to an absolute path.
The full name of the file is emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ag-ship-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc If you look in the case file
Buildconf/cam.input_data_list does the full name appear or is it truncated as above?

Shruti

Shruti Joshi
Thank you for the suggestion, will change DIN_LOC_ROOT to an absolute path and try.
As for the list in Buildconf/cam.input_data_list , "emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ag-ship-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc" name is present. It is not truncated.
But in the cesm error log file, the name appears as truncated(emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ag-ship-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c).
Could you please suggest any solution for this?

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Does the file (with the complete name) exist in your inputdata directory? If so I think that the problem must be that the
path length is longer than the maximum set in the cam model. But I think that length is 256 and your string is truncated at 125 so I'm not sure. You might try posting to the cam forum.

Shruti

Shruti Joshi
Hello,
I had posted this in cam forum, but the post got deleted because of same content.
Can you please suggest which file should i look into to alter the path length.
Or any other solution which might help me.