Welcome to the new DiscussCESM forum!
We are still working on the website migration, so you may experience downtime during this process.

Existing users, please reset your password before logging in here: https://xenforo.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/index.php?lost-password/

Configuring CESM2 in CRAY XT50

nicolas cruz

nicase03
Hi, I'm configuring a new case for CESM 2.2 but always crash in this point.
ERROR: Command: '/usr/bin/xmllint --xinclude --noout --schema /scratchin/grupos/bam/home/nicolas.cruz/CESM-master/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/xml_schemas/config_workflow.xsd /scratchin/grupos/bam/home/nicolas.cruz/CESM-master/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_workflow.xml' failed with error '/scratchin/grupos/bam/home/nicolas.cruz/CESM-master/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_workflow.xml:55: element template: Schemas validity error : Element 'template': '$ENV{POSTPROCESS_PATH}/timeseries/template.timeseries' is not a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:anyURI'.
/scratchin/grupos/bam/home/nicolas.cruz/CESM-master/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_workflow.xml:72: element template: Schemas validity error : Element 'template': '$ENV{POSTPROCESS_PATH}/timeseries/template.timeseries_transfer' is not a valid value of the atomic type 'xs:anyURI'

Any help thanks.

Attachments

• new_case_report.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 3
  • config_machines.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 0

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It's failing the XML schema validation for your config_workflow.xml file. It expects a field to be of a URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) type, which largely means it should be a webpage. So look at line 55 in that file and see what's going wrong.

Here's a web-page I found talking about the xs:anyURI datatype.

nicolas cruz

nicase03
Well, the problem was solved by modifying the config_workflow.xsd file by swapping anyURI for string:

job is case.run USER_REQUESTED_WALLTIME None USER_REQUESTED_QUEUE None WALLTIME_FORMAT %H:%M:%S
job is case.st_archive USER_REQUESTED_WALLTIME None USER_REQUESTED_QUEUE None WALLTIME_FORMAT %H:%M:%S
Creating Case directory /scratchin/grupos/bam/home/nicolas.cruz/CESM-master/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/nicolas.cruz/cases/b.e20.B1850.f19_g16.test

I don't know why USER_REQUESTED_WALLTIME None USER_REQUESTED_QUEUE None WALLTIME_FORMAT %H:%M:%S, anyway my newcase was created. Thanks