Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Confused about the example of FHIST run with result of B1850

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
The default period for FHIST is 1979-2014. It means that by default you will get:
RUN_STARTDATE=1979-01-01.

But nothing prevents you to start at another date. in the example, you are starting
RUN_STARTDATE=1850-01-01.

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
The default period for FHIST is 1979-2014. It means that by default you will get:
RUN_STARTDATE=1979-01-01.

But nothing prevents you to start at another date. in the example, you are starting
RUN_STARTDATE=1850-01-01.
Thanks for your instant reply!I dont konw whether my understanding is wrong: the run period of model depends on the initial time and inputdata and time i set, if i provide the initial time and inputdata in the run time i set, it can run?
For examle, The default period of FCHIST is 2010-2014, I can run the model from the initial time of 2000 if i provide the initial field?