Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Constant ghg forcing compset?

Hi all,
I'm running CESM1.2.2.1 on Cheyenne using compset BRCP85C5CN coupled to an ice sheet model and having some issues. To check if my issues are related to the ice sheet model or CESM I want to do a test with constant greenhouse gas forcing instead of the transient RCP setup. Would B2000 be the correct compset to use for that? Thanks!

The B2000 compset I assumed would be constant forcing from the year 2000 instead initialized as a startup run from year 0001 which won't work for me. Does anyone know if there is a spun up component set for constant year 2000 forcing?

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Most likely most of the components aren't doing a cold-start. For example CLM is likely starting from spunup initial conditions fro 2000. The label of year 0001 just means it's the first year in the simulation, that doesn't tell you anything about what it's starting from. It will be setup to be constant 2000 AD conditions in terms of things like land-use, CO2, etcetera.

Another way to start it up would be to do a hybrid run-type from a historical case for simulation day Jan/2/2000.