Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Constant GM Coefficient

jskenigson

Jessica S Kenigson
I am attempting to configure MOM6 to use a constant GM diffusivity coefficient K and I have set the following parameters:

USE_MEKE=False
USE_KH_IN_MEKE=False
RESOLN_SCALED_KHTH = False
DEPTH_SCALED_KHTH=False
KHTH_SLOPE_CFF = 0.00
USE_VARIABLE_MIXING = False
KHTH=800.00

I believe that the GM coefficient in the output file is "diftrblo", and yet this coefficient is still spatially varying. Have I overlooked some parameters here? Thank you very much for any advice.

adcroft

Alistair Adcroft
What does the structure look like - a function of latitude, baroclinicity, noise? Maybe add KHTH_USE_EBT_STRUCT=False . If you look at KHTH_u1, that diagnoses the the nominal 2d KHTH at u-points before any vertical functions are applied. There's a CFL limit applied also - if the structure looks like the grid spacing, then the time-step the diffusivity is being limited.