Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

cpl building error

Hi~ all~ I have a question about building the cpl part. it give me the following errors:

PGF90-F-0004-Unable to open MODULE file m_mctworld.mod
PGF90/x86 Linux 7.0-5: compilation aborted

what does this mean and how can I find it? Thank you~ :mad:

This module really like giving trouble... Check out your '-L' options on the compile line. You must have one that points to a directory where that .mod file actually is.

Hello,
I'm new to CCSM so I got tons of error in building the model.
The error is that:
ERROR: cpl.buildexe.csh failed, see cpl.buildexe.090804-141319
ERROR: cat /home/duyhung/program/ccsm3/run/case2/cpl/cpl.buildexe.090804-141319

And the cpl.buildexe.xxxx showing that:

PGF90-F-0004-Unable to open MODULE file m_attrvect.mod (/home/duyhung/program/ccsm3/ccsm3/models/csm_share/cpl/cpl_mct_mod.F90: 39)
PGF90/x86-64 Linux 7.1-6: compilation aborted

I use generic_linux
$ uname -a
Linux ... 2.6.28-14-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Sat Jul 25 01:19:55 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
-PGI 7.1
-MPICH2-1.0.8
-Netcdf 4.0.1
-System: Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

How can I pass this situtation?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

have you read my last post?.. just make sure you have a -L that points to a directory which this file is in. You can find the file by (at your compiling user's directory) issuing the command:

Code:
find ./ -name file.mod

Maybe some path is not set correctly on makefile or other configuration file, and it is likely that once finding one .mod, all the remaining are in the same directory, thus just one -L could be necessary.