Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Create_newcase error

LeeJace

Lee
Dear all,
I have traditionally had no issues running the create_newcase command, but recently I encountered an error that I’ve never faced before. The specific command and error logs are provided below:
../cesm_2.2.0/cime/scripts/create_newcase -case ./1x1pt_Endalen_DATM_CLM -res CLM_USRDAT -compset I2000Clm50SpRsGs -mach taihu --run-unsupported
ERROR: Command: '/usr/sw-cluster/apps/soft/miniconda/miniconda3/bin/xmllint --xinclude --noout --schema
/GFPS8p/ycfan4/CESM/cesm_2.2.0/cime/config/xml_schemas/config_machines.xsd /GFPS8p/ycfan4/CESM/cesm_2.2.0/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_machines.xml' failed with error '/GFPS8p/ycfan4/CESM/cesm_2.2.0/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_machines.xml:2543: element GMAKE: Schemas validity error : Element 'GMAKE': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( MPILIBS, PROJECT, CHARGE_ACCOUNT, SAVE_TIMING_DIR, SAVE_TIMING_DIR_PROJECTS, CIME_OUTPUT_ROOT ).
/GFPS8p/ycfan4/CESM/cesm_2.2.0/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_machines.xml fails to validate' from dir '/GFPS8p/ycfan4/CESM/cases'

Any guidance or assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Lee

slevis

The same user has also posted problems with tools:
and

@LeeJace you said that you have been able to run ./create_newcase in the past. Has that been on the same machine (taihu)? If so, I suggest talking to the machine's administrators, in case they have made updates to taihu.

LeeJace

Lee
The same user has also posted problems with tools:
and

@LeeJace you said that you have been able to run ./create_newcase in the past. Has that been on the same machine (taihu)? If so, I suggest talking to the machine's administrators, in case they have made updates to taihu.
Thanks for you advice. I have contacted to the administrators, they helped modify my config_pes.xml and now I can use that command as normal.