Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CTSM in single point mode

idunkl

István Dunkl
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to set up a single point simulation with CTSM (version 5.1.dev086) following this. Here is my setup:

./create_newcase --case /home/m/m300755/CTSM_runs/Site10 --res f09_g17 --compset I1850Clm50BgcCropCmip6 --run-unsupported --mach levante --pecount 1
cd /home/m/m300755/CTSM_runs/Site10
./xmlchange ROOTPE=0,PTS_LAT=52,PTS_LON=7
./xmlchange MOSART_MODE=NULL
I don't know what the problem is at this point. Happy to hear solutions or other approaches to single point simulations.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• cesm.bldlog.240123-102441.txt
    95.2 KB · Views: 0

idunkl

István Dunkl
Hi, I have tried that method before, however I ran into some difficulties with the scripts used to subsetting the forcing and creating the domain files.
Using ./subset_data point i got stuck here:
./subset_data point --lat 52.5 --lon 7.5 --site my_point --create-surface --create-datm --datm-syr 1901 --datm-eyr 2000 --include-nonveg --create-user-mods --outdir /work/mj0143/m300755/CTSM_forcing/my_loc --overwrite
WARNING: No dominant pft type is chosen. If you want to choose a dominant pft type, please use --dompft flag.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./subset_data", line 42, in <module>
main()
File "/work/mj0143/m300755/CTSM_CODE/MODEL_CODE/tools/site_and_regional/../../python/ctsm/subset_data.py", line 580, in main
subset_point(args, file_dict)
File "/work/mj0143/m300755/CTSM_CODE/MODEL_CODE/tools/site_and_regional/../../python/ctsm/subset_data.py", line 461, in subset_point
args.user_mods_dir)
File "/work/mj0143/m300755/CTSM_CODE/MODEL_CODE/tools/site_and_regional/../../python/ctsm/site_and_regional/single_point_case.py", line 514, in create_surfdata_at_point
self.update_metadata(f_out)
File "/work/mj0143/m300755/CTSM_CODE/MODEL_CODE/tools/site_and_regional/../../python/ctsm/site_and_regional/base_case.py", line 183, in update_metadata
sha = get_ctsm_git_short_hash()
File "/work/mj0143/m300755/CTSM_CODE/MODEL_CODE/tools/site_and_regional/../../python/ctsm/git_utils.py", line 24, in get_ctsm_git_short_hash
["git", "-C", path_to_ctsm_root(), "rev-parse", "--short", "HEAD"]
File "/home/m/m300755/.conda/envs/ctsm_pylib/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 411, in check_output
**kwargs).stdout
File "/home/m/m300755/.conda/envs/ctsm_pylib/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 488, in run
with Popen(*popenargs, **kwargs) as process:
File "/home/m/m300755/.conda/envs/ctsm_pylib/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 800, in __init__
restore_signals, start_new_session)
File "/home/m/m300755/.conda/envs/ctsm_pylib/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py", line 1551, in _execute_child
raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'git': 'git'

samrabin

Sam Rabin
That's… a very strange error. Is git maybe not installed or available on the machine you're using? Somehow?

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure this will tell us anything, but what do you get if you do this in the top level of your clone:

git -C . rev-parse --short HEAD