Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Decadal Prediction Large Ensemble Project (DPLE)

rohitsrb2020

Saurabh Rathore
Hello
G'day

We are looking for the monthly SST data for all ensemble members from the Decadal Prediction Large Ensemble Project (DPLE). We are not able to find the monthly SST data. Could you please share the link from where we can download the monthly SST data for all ensemble members?

This will be a great help. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers, Saurabh

tking

Teagan King
Hi Saurabh,
Thanks for letting us know about this missing data. I wanted to let you know that it does take some time to scan each of the files in the dataset and generate checksums to ensure that users can check that they download the full files. Thus, I have been working on making this available, and it will likely be ready around the end of next week. I'll let you know when it's available.
Best,
Teagan

tking

Teagan King
Hi Saurabh,

Apologies for the delay, the scans took longer than expected. Our machines are also down this week for routine maintenance, so I will be able to resume working on this next week. Thank you for your patience!

tking

Teagan King
Hi Saurabh,

DPLE monthly SST is now available online. A few additional variables should be up within the next few days, as well.

Thanks for your patience!

Teagan

rohitsrb2020

Saurabh Rathore
Dear Teagan
Thank you so much for your constant efforts and make that available. We are looking forward to the other variables also when they will be ready.

Cheers, Saurabh

tking

Teagan King
Hi Saurabh,

The remainder of this dataset is being published without any issues so I'd anticipate the datasets being available by tomorrow! If you have any difficulties, let me know.

Best,
Teagan

zhhwbz

Wogu Zhong
Hi Saurabh,

The remainder of this dataset is being published without any issues so I'd anticipate the datasets being available by tomorrow! If you have any difficulties, let me know.

Best,
Teagan
Hi Teagan,

I am also interested in the DPLE dataset and I want to inquire whether the monthly SST data archived in the ocean component would be the same as that in the atmosphere component. In the CESM-LENS2 dataset, both the ocean and atmosphere components provide SST data.

In addition, temperature data at pressure levels (atmosphere component) seem to be unavailable at the moment. It indicates that "Tape access and the data transfers are no longer available." I was wondering if this issue would be fixed afterward.

Thank you for your help. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Wogu

Attachments

• T.png
    T.png
    84 KB · Views: 0

strandwg

Staff member
Hi Teagan,

I am also interested in the DPLE dataset and I want to inquire whether the monthly SST data archived in the ocean component would be the same as that in the atmosphere component. In the CESM-LENS2 dataset, both the ocean and atmosphere components provide SST data.

"SST" from the ocean model is ocean TEMP at the topmost level and on the POP dipole grid. It is not identical to CAM "SST", which is on the atmosphere. model's grid.

strandwg

Staff member
@zhhwbz, CESM1-DPLE didn't save SST from the atmosphere, but you can use CAM "TS" ("skin" temperature, derived from the radiative fluxes) as a substitute for SST.