Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Dependent job error with cesm1_5_beta02

Hi,I am working through building cesm1_5_beta02 on a LANL machine and am nearly successful.  The model initially submits, but as part of this initial submission I receive the following message.  Does anyone know any hints to begin resolving this?  I am quite unfamiliar with the new PERL-based scripts and resubmission process.Thanks for any help!Jeremy (505-709-0486)  Submitting job script: case.run: msub   ./case.run  could not ascertain dependent job id... abortingUncaught exception from user code:         could not ascertain dependent job id... aborting at /turquoise/usr/projects/climate/fyke/CESM_model_versions/cesm1_5_beta02/cime/utils/perl5lib/Batch/BatchUtils.pm line 152 at /turquoise/usr/projects/climate/fyke/CESM_model_versions/cesm1_5_beta02/cime/utils/perl5lib/Batch/BatchUtils.pm line 152        Batch::BatchUtils::getJobID('Batch::BatchUtils=HASH(0x31a4f20)', '') called at /turquoise/usr/projects/climate/fyke/CESM_model_versions/cesm1_5_beta02/cime/utils/perl5lib/Batch/BatchUtils.pm line 226        Batch::BatchUtils::submitSingleJob('Batch::BatchUtils=HASH(0x31a4f20)', 'case.run', undef, 0) called at /turquoise/usr/projects/climate/fyke/CESM_model_versions/cesm1_5_beta02/cime/utils/perl5lib/Batch/BatchUtils.pm line 177        Batch::BatchUtils::submitJobs('Batch::BatchUtils=HASH(0x31a4f20)') called at ./case.submit line 112        main::main() called at ./case.submit line 146

HI again, I have run into the same issue with cesm1_5_beta05.  I think I have tracked it to BatchUtils.pm, where the variable $output obtained from the following code:    eval {open (my $RUN, "-|", $runcmd) or $logger->logdie ("job submission failed, $!");$output = ;close $RUN or $logger->logdie( "job submission failed: |$?|, |$!|");    };is empty.  Are there any tips (perhaps inclusion of fields in configure_batch.xml?) that could alleviate this issue and result in dependent jobs being enabled?Thanks!