Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

download DATM of ssp585

zpc

zpc
I want to use the DATM of ssp585 (2000-2100) to run CLM, but I can't find the forced data of cesm2 in esgf (3h or 6h). Is there any other way to download it?

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I've shared this data before using Globus endpoints and provide the link through email. For example, see this post:

Globus now has "guest collections" which makes sharing these data directly from our file systems where the data reside possible.
I've created a guest collection for the data you requested:

Hopefully, this will work for you.

The data is in daily files which need to be concatenated to the monthly files that CPLHST mode requires, after you've downloaded the data and untarred the files. I've put a script on our ftp site that will do that (concat_cpl_hist_mon.csh). There is also an example of how to run that script (concat.command).

ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu/pub/oleson

Last edited:

zpc

zpc
1669777738569.png
I am very sorry that the data does not meet my requirements. Since its temporal resolution is on the daily scale, I need the 3h scale.My compsets is SSP585_DATM%1pt_CLM50%BGC_SICE_SOCN_SROF_SGLC_SWAV

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
There are 3-hourly data there, however, I provided SSP370 data, not SSP585 data.
Try this link:

3-hourly data is available there, e.g.,

b.e21.BSSP585cmip6.f09_g17.CMIP6-SSP5-8.5.102.cpl.ha2x3h.2015.tar

zpc

zpc
There are 3-hourly data there, however, I provided SSP370 data, not SSP585 data.
Try this link:

3-hourly data is available there, e.g.,

b.e21.BSSP585cmip6.f09_g17.CMIP6-SSP5-8.5.102.cpl.ha2x3h.2015.tar
I'm very sorry for my carelessness. Thank you. I think this can solve my problem

Johnny

Johnny Guo
Right now Globus
only has daily data.
If I'd like to do a coupler history run (using DATM_CPLHIST_CASE) the CLM 5.0 document 1.5.7 indicates I need "three hourly" data.
can I change the config to use daily?

also when ran the first time I saw error like this:
"
ERROR: (shr_stream_getCalendar) ERROR: nf90_open file /home/jguo/research/download_data/FULLY_COUPLED/b.e21.BSSP585cmip6.f
09_g17.CMIP6-SSP5-8.5.102.cpl/hist.mon/b.e21.BSSP585cmip6.f09_g17.CMIP6-SSP5-8.5.102.cpl.ha2x1hi.2015-01.nc
"
It seems it is looking for hourly data.
So what exactly do I need hourly or 3 hourly?
Thanks.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You need a combination of data. There should be more than just daily data on globus. "Solar" variables will come from the ha2x1hi files (hourly instantaneous), "nonSolarFlux" and "State3hr" and "topo" variables will come from the ha2x3h files (3-hourly). "State1hr" variables will come from the ha2x1h files (hourly). The "presaero" variables will come from the ha2x1d files (daily average).

Johnny

Johnny Guo
You need a combination of data. There should be more than just daily data on globus. "Solar" variables will come from the ha2x1hi files (hourly instantaneous), "nonSolarFlux" and "State3hr" and "topo" variables will come from the ha2x3h files (3-hourly). "State1hr" variables will come from the ha2x1h files (hourly). The "presaero" variables will come from the ha2x1d files (daily average).
Thanks for replying Keith! So was my link in globus incorrect?

Johnny

Johnny Guo
You are right.
What I did was I typed *2016* in the filter and only saw one file, and then I wrongly concluded that it only contained the 1d files.
When I use my naked eyes to examine the files, I do see the 1hr and 3hr files. :)

Thanks for helping me out!

Johnny

Johnny Guo
Also, is there a way I can download the files in batch? It seems I can only download one file at a time. Thanks again.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
There should be boxes you can check next to each file so that you can select more than one. The globus help should have some details on that.

Johnny

Johnny Guo
When I check multiple files, the download button is disabled(greyed out). It is OK. Thanks for the quick response again.

Johnny

Johnny Guo
Thanks for the tips for reading the documents. :)
I just installed globus connect personal and now I am able to batch download!