Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

emission file for SSP370 are missing?

Hemraj

Hemraj Bhattarai
Hi,
I didn't find the following files for SSP370 in the input data file (https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/emissions_ssp370/). Could you please let me know where can I find those files?
missing data:
C2H4_bb
CB1_bb,
CB2_bb
OC1_bb
OC2_bb

I just found these file missing, however, there might be other too. FYI, these files are available for other SSPs.

One more thing:
I don't know if it is just with me or will others too, the input emission file for OC1 and OC2 are same by default? As the name is different, I expect the input emission file should also be different. I can always correct it in 'user_nl_cam', but wondering how can it be the same file for the different name by default. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Best,
Hemraj

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Hemraj,

What compset and resolution are you using? I just tested BSSP370 at f09_g17 on Friday, and all of the files are there.
Have you tried running "check_inputdata --download" from your case directory.

Chris

Hemraj

Hemraj Bhattarai
Hi Fischer,
I am using CESM2.1.3, FMOZ compset, CAM4%TMOZ, CLM5%BGC mode. The file being used for OC1 and OC2 looks like below in the default run inside CaseDocs/atm_in. The model runs very well without having any errors. Just wondering if I am running future simulations, do I use the same file for OC1 and OC2 like in the default settings or use different files. Actually, I am already in the middle of the way of simulation and noticed this :(. How much it affects the results on using same/different files for OC1 and OC2.

'OC1 -> /lustre/users/CESM/input_data/atm/cam/chem/emis/1992-2010/emissions.OC1.surface.1.9x2.5_c110426.nc',
'OC2 -> /lustre/users/CESM/input_data/atm/cam/chem/emis/1992-2010/emissions.OC1.surface.1.9x2.5_c110426.nc',

I have not tried running "check_inputdata --download". Since the model run well although they make use of the same file, do I need to check this again...

Many thanks.

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Hemraj,

Since you're able to run the model, all of the data files are there. So you don't need to run "check_inputdata --download". Since FMOZ is a CAM compset,
I'm going to move this to there forum so they can answer your question.

Chris