Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR about "solar_data_advance" while continuing the simulation in CESM1.2.2

Yoga Liu

Liu
Hi everyone,
I use the F component to run the CESM1.2.2 for the year 1250-1259. It ran successfully for the first two years and the solar information in atm_in file are below:
solar_data_file = 'SOLAR_SPECTRAL_VK_Lean_849-2008_annual_c130909.nc'
solar_data_type = 'SERIAL'
solar_data_ymd = 8490701
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
We continue the simulation from 1252-01-01 due to the time limitation of server. However, we have the error massage:
solar_data_init: data file = SOLAR_SPECTRAL_VK_Lean_849-2008_annual_c130909.nc
solar_data_init: has_ref_spectrum F
solar_data_advance: not able to find data for : 1252-01-01-01800
(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: solar_data_advance: failed to read data from SOLAR_SPECTRAL_VK_Lean_849-2008_annual_c130909.nc
(shr_sys_abort) WARNING: calling shr_mpi_abort() and stopping

Why did I get this error when to continue run? How should I fix it?
Thanks in advance for any help with this!

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Hi Liu,

Unfortunately, we no longer support CESM1.2.2. I would recommend moving to either the latest supported production release (CESM2.1.3) or the development release (CESM2.2.0).

Courtney

Yoga Liu

Liu
Hi Courtney,

Thank you for your reply!
Actually, we are running the isotope-enabled CESM1.2.2. It seems that there are no isotopic versions of CESM2.1.3 and CESM2.2.0.

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Oh, that's good information! We do support isotope-enabled CESM1.2.2. I'm going to move this post to the paleoclimate forum in the hopes that they can help you!