Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: bounding bracket for pH solution not found

Dear CESM users, I try to run this configuration with CESM1.2.2 : -compset B_1850-2000_BGC-BPRP -res 0.9x1.25_gx1v6The building has been fixedBut I get this error after submisison:   (co2calc.F90:drtsafe_row)    x2,f =   6.896313740232935E-007
(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: bounding bracket for pH solution not found
(shr_sys_abort) WARNING: calling shr_mpi_abort() and stopping I found only this topic with the same error message (https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm-active-carbon-cycle-and-ecosystems) , but in my case I haven't changed anything he did...Any idea? Regards, Angelique

klindsay

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Angelique,I just setup this compset at NCAR and see that it does run here. I'm concluding that the problem that you're encountering is specific to your case's setup.What are you using to initialize this transient run? A common cause for the error you're seeing is an incompatibility between the initial ocean temperature and salinity fields and the initial ocean BGC fields.Please note that in this compset, because it is BPRP, atmospheric CO2 concentrations that are being predicted from the land-to-air and sea-to-air CO2 fluxes is being used in atmospheric radiative computations. If the carbon pools in the land and ocean have not been spun up, then their drift will impact atmospheric CO2 concentrations and this will feed back to the climate. Because of this feedback, I do not recommend using BPRP compsets unless the carbon pools in the land and ocean have been spun up.Keith

Dear Keith, Thanks a lot for your answer. Regarding the compset it self, I actually copied this case from a run made with cesm1.0.
At that time, this run was a control simulation starting from a branch from another simulation, which have ran and validated.I just finished to port cesm1.2 on a new machine. *** I had a look at the env_run.xml file to check what do I start my case from. I cannot explain why but the RUN_REFCASE variable was set as default to : "case.std" - (different from cesm1.0) 

I changed it into : 

Now I am facing new Error messages :...123  nid00798
124  nid00798
125  nid00798
126  nid00798
127  nid00798
(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: GETFIL: FAILED to get b40.coup_carb.004.cam2.i.0351-01-01-00000.nc
(shr_sys_abort) WARNING: calling shr_mpi_abort() and stopping And I am sure that this file b40.coup_carb.004.cam2.i.0351-01-01-00000.nc is present in the right folder. I also re-downloaded in case it would be corrupted.I attach the log filethank you,
A.