Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: BUILD FAIL: buildexe failed

sunweihao

19970130SWh
hello,I create a new case ./create_newcase --case test4 --compset FCHIST --res f09_g17 --mach sun --compiler gnu --run-unsupported

and then I ./case.setup and ./case.build. But it shows error:
1625815965472.png
it seems there is some error when create exe

I cat the log and it:

ERROR: Command make exec_se -j 4 EXEC_SE=/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/cesm.exe MODEL=driver LIBROOT=/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib -f /home/sun/cesm/cime/scripts/test4/Tools/Makefile failed rc=2
out=/home/sun/cesm/cime/scripts/test4/Tools/mkSrcfiles
cp -f Filepath Deppath
/home/sun/cesm/cime/scripts/test4/Tools/mkDepends Deppath Srcfiles > Depends
/home/sun/cesm/cime/scripts/test4/Tools/mkSrcfiles
mpif90 -o /home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/cesm.exe cime_comp_mod.o cime_driver.o component_mod.o component_type_mod.o cplcomp_exchange_mod.o map_glc2lnd_mod.o map_lnd2glc_mod.o map_lnd2rof_irrig_mod.o mrg_mod.o prep_aoflux_mod.o prep_atm_mod.o prep_glc_mod.o prep_ice_mod.o prep_lnd_mod.o prep_ocn_mod.o prep_rof_mod.o prep_wav_mod.o seq_diag_mct.o seq_domain_mct.o seq_flux_mct.o seq_frac_mct.o seq_hist_mod.o seq_io_mod.o seq_map_mod.o seq_map_type_mod.o seq_rest_mod.o t_driver_timers_mod.o -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -latm -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -lice -L../../gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/noesmf/lib/ -lclm -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -locn -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -lrof -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -lglc -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -lwav -L/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/lib/ -lesp -L../../glc/lib/ -lglimmercismfortran -L../../gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1e1/lib -lcsm_share -L../../gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/lib -lpio -lgptl -lmct -lmpeu -L/home/sun/netcdf4/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdff -L/home/sun/netcdf4/lib -lhdf5 -lhdf5_hl -L/home/sun/netcdf4/lib -lz -L/home/sun/software/lapack-3.10.0 -llapack -L/home/sun/software/BLAS-3.10.0 -lblas -L/home/sun/app/mpich/lib -lmpi -L/home/sun/netcdf4/lib
/usr/bin/ld: ../../glc/lib//libglimmercismfortran.a(dcgs.f.o): in function `isdcgs_':
dcgs.f:(.text+0x105): undefined reference to `dnrm2_'
/usr/bin/ld: dcgs.f:(.text+0x1f9): undefined reference to `dnrm2_'
/usr/bin/ld: dcgs.f:(.text+0x260): undefined reference to `dnrm2_'
/usr/bin/ld: dcgs.f:(.text+0x283): undefined reference to `dnrm2_'
/usr/bin/ld: dcgs.f:(.text+0x2cd): undefined reference to `dnrm2_'
/usr/bin/ld: ../../glc/lib//libglimmercismfortran.a(dcgs.f.o):dcgs.f:(.text+0x2f7): more undefined references to `dnrm2_' follow
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [/home/sun/cesm/cime/scripts/test4/Tools/Makefile:874:/home/sun/cesm/scratch/test4/bld/cesm.exe]

HELP,how can I solve it??

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
these functions are provided by the lapack library, a free version is available here. Many compiler vendors provide their own.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The error message is: undefined reference to `dnrm2_'
this means that your code is calling a function that the linker couldn't find. The solution is to link the lapack library. Your system may or may not already have a version of this library installed. If you are unsure, you should contact your system administration staff.

Qinlu

Qinlu Li
Hello, Sun. I'm working on ./case.build and encountered the same problem as you. And after I reinstalled lapack, it is still the same, do you have a solution to this problem? How is it solved?

luojx

luojx
Hello, Sun. I'm working on ./case.build and encountered the same problem as you. And after I reinstalled lapack, it is still the same, do you have a solution to this problem? How is it solved?
Sorry to interrupt you. I got the same problem. Did you solve it?

Qinlu

Qinlu Li
Sorry to interrupt you. I got the same problem. Did you solve it?
Moring. After searching on google, I saw that this problem was caused by improper installation of the math library lapack, so I tried to reinstall blas, cblas and lapack. Fortunately, when I reinstalled successfully, the problem was solved. You can try to reinstall these three packages to see if it can be resolved. Wish lucky!

luojx

luojx
Moring. After searching on google, I saw that this problem was caused by improper installation of the math library lapack, so I tried to reinstall blas, cblas and lapack. Fortunately, when I reinstalled successfully, the problem was solved. You can try to reinstall these three packages to see if it can be resolved. Wish lucky!
Thank you for the reply. I reinstalled lapack, and this problem was resolved, but a new error occurred:
1640225688243.png
Have you ever encountered this? Expect any suggestions.
Full information is in: case.submit error

luojx

luojx
Evenning, Li. Thank you again for your kindly reply. This run did not generate cesm.log file. The content in atm.log, cpl.log, and lnd.log etc. is nearly identical, shown in Fig.2.
1640267256237.png
1640267230036.png
I submit the case with "mpirun -np 20 ./cesm.exe" directly, and got the error below, which I did not resolve yet.
1640267673294.png

Hi, Luo. I can not get any useful information from the print-out, you may can check the 'cesm.log' at /home/jxluo/moshi/clm5.0/output/run/.

Attachments

• 1640267096668.png
    1640267096668.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 1640267145724.png
    1640267145724.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 14

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You are not getting a cesm log because you are not using the case.submit mechanism to start the job. The error you have suggests that the model was built for a different task count than you are running with, another issue that would be avoided by using the case.submit mechanism.

luojx

luojx
You are not getting a cesm log because you are not using the case.submit mechanism to start the job. The error you have suggests that the model was built for a different task count than you are running with, another issue that would be avoided by using the case.submit mechanism.
When I used the case.submit, this error occurred "ERROR: No result from jobs [('case.run', None), ('case.st_archive', 'case.run or case.test')]", and cesm.log file did not generate either. The attachment is the full submit information.

Attachments

• case.submit.txt
    5 KB · Views: 7

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
This shows that the model run is completed and logs are written to /home/jxluo/moshi/clm5.0/output/maduo/logs/ but then something is
going wrong in the case.st_archive step. Could you run
Code:
case.st_archive --test-case
from the command line and see if that reproduces the error?

Qinlu

Qinlu Li
This shows that the model run is completed and logs are written to /home/jxluo/moshi/clm5.0/output/maduo/logs/ but then something is
Code:
Hello, dear respectly Jedwards. There are some difficulties need your help, that when I use the './case.submits' to run the model, it always return an error that "Sumitted job case.run with id None" and "Sumitted job case.st_archive with id None"(Details can be found in the attachment). And I try to run the cesm.exe with "mpiexec -np 64 cesm.exe" at command line, the program begins but end after one time, with the output is the results of 0000-1-1. Follow your reply, I have run the './case.st_archive --test-case' at the command line, but I can not find any obvious error or warning(Forgive my ignorance and novice, and details also in the attachment, and you can change the '.txt' to '.md' with a formatted text view). Is there something wrong with me, and what caused this situation? What should I do, or can respectly you tell me where I can find the relevant output documentation so that I can solve the problem by myself.

Attachments

• CESM实验日志.txt
    23.9 KB · Views: 5

luojx

luojx
Code:
Thank you for your kindly reply. I run "case.st_archive --test-case", and the print-out is in the txt-file. I resubmit the case, this error (ERROR: No result from jobs [('case.run', None), ('case.st_archive', 'case.run or case.test')]) occurred again. You mentioned that the model run is completed, so could I ignore this error directly?

Attachments

• case.st_archive.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 9

MAHE1319

Mahendra Singh
I am getting the same error. I have installed lapack but still get the error. I am attaching the lib too. Any suggestions, please help.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 10.34.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 10.34.22 PM.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 10.36.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 10.36.21 PM.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 15