Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: Expected one child

huo

huo
Hi, Sir/Madam. A error occured when I am porting CESM2.1.3 ./create_newcase --case mycase --res f19_g16 --compset X --mach huo

Compset longname is 2000_XATM_XLND_XICE_XOCN_XROF_XGLC_XWAV
Compset specification file is /home/huo/cesm2/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/drivers/mct/cime_config/config_compsets.xml
Compset forcing is 1972-2004
ATM component is Dead atm component
LND component is Dead land component
ICE component is Dead ice component
OCN component is Dead ocean component
ROF component is Dead river component
GLC component is Dead land-ice component
WAV component is Dead wave component
ESP component is
Pes specification file is /home/huo/cesm2/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/drivers/mct/cime_config/config_pes.xml
Machine is huo
ERROR: Expected one child

what should i do to solve the problem?
Thank you very much!!

Attachments

• config_compilers.txt
    1 KB · Views: 3
  • config_machines.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 3

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure what the problem is, in config_machines.xml you have type="none" for module system, but it appears that it should be type="module"

Try running the scripts_regression_tests.py and/or use the --debug flag to create_newcase to get more information.

huo

huo
I'm not sure what the problem is, in config_machines.xml you have type="none" for module system, but it appears that it should be type="module"

Try running the scripts_regression_tests.py and/or use the --debug flag to create_newcase to get more information.
Thanks! I changed config_machine.xml. But the same error arisen. Then I run the scripts_regression_tests.py, I I don't know what went wrong. Could you tell me where the mistake may be created?The following file is a partial reminder after the run.

Attachments

• run the scripts_regression_tests.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 4