Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error in E user compset when run with atmospheric chemistry

Dear all,
I want to run a slab ocean model using the E component set along with chemistry for that I prepared a user compset "1850_CAM60%CCTS_CLM45%SP_CICE_DOCN%SOM_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV_TEST". I am successfully able to build my user compset at the one-degree resolution. However, while running simulation gets cashed with the below error. Moreover, I successfully able to run CESM2 with default E component set “E1850TEST” long name is1850_CAM60_CLM50%SP_CICE_DOCN%SOM_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV_TEST.

…..
ERROR: tracer_cnst_init
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
O3 is not an invariant
ERROR: tracer_cnst_init …

Thanking you in anticipation for help.
Best regards,
Pawan Vats

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Pawan,

The message you are getting is due to an error during the initialization of the atmospheric chemistry tracers in CAM. Thus I am moving this post to the CAM-Chem forum, so that the experts in CAM's chemistry routines will see your post and hopefully provide you with the help you need.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Jesse