Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error (invalid BOZ) building csm_share on Supercloud

dabdulah

Daniel Abdulah
Hello,

TLDR: is there a configure file for csm_share where I can add Fortran flags?
or what to do when your system's openmpi is no longer compatible with the model?

I've been running CESM successfully on my local cluster, Supercloud, but after the system updated it's openmpi version, CESM no longer runs. I've been going through the errors to try to suppress them, and now I'm on an error building csm_share. The error reads:

51 | integer(Single), parameter :: sNaN = Z"7FC00000"
Error: BOZ literal constant at (1) is neither a data-stmt-constant nor an actual argument to INT, REAL, DBLE, or CMPLX intrinsic function [see '-fno-allow-invalid-boz']

I can suppress this by adding a flag "-fallow-invalid-boz" to the configure file, but csm_share seems to be structured differently than mct, gptl, etc. I've tried adding it to csm_share/unit_testers/make.Macros, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? And is this even the right approach to the overarching openmpi update issue? I've attached the csm_share build log, and the pio build log because I saw a previous post mentioned the pio log might have relevant information.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• csm_share.bldlog.txt
    62.6 KB · Views: 2
  • pio.bldlog.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 0

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The flag should be added to config_compilers.xml if you are using 2.1 or 2.2 and to the cmake macros file for cesm2.3
cesm1 is no longer supported.

dabdulah

Daniel Abdulah
Thanks for the response!
I have to use cesm1.2.1 because of some additional software which is built on that specific version. I know it's no longer supported, but do you know in general why a flag in the config_compilers.xml might not be read by the machine when building the model?