Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error regarding data sizes

johanna_teresa

Johanna Malle
Hi - I am trying to run a regional case (0.25deg) forced with GSWP3 data. I have created my own surface dataset and domain file, which work when I use my own atmospheric forcing. However, when I try and use to force it with the GSWP3 meteorological data it keeps crashing and gives me an error regarding data sizes (see attached log file).

(shr_dmodel_readstrm) ERROR in data sizes 720 360 248 190

My understanding is that the x and y coordinate multiplied need to equal the third value, or it gives an error. Here it seems to give me the length of the input dataset (time) and the total size of my domain (19x10). I have the input data split up into three streams, and interpolation setting tintalgo is set to coszen, nearest and linear for the solar, precipitation and rest streams, respectively. Do I have to regrid the atmospheric data offline before to match the dimensions of my domain file? Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks, Johanna

Attachments

• version.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 3
  • atm.log.3632356.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 8

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
No, you shouldn't have to regrid the atmospheric data.
Are you using the 1/2 degree domain file for GSWP3 in your datm.streams files? It looks like you might be using your 0.25 regional domain file....