Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error running case.submit

wangdxx

Hello, I'm testing the model on my university's cluster using the case CTSM/README at master · ESCOMP/CTSM . I was able to successfully build a case but when submitting the case I got errors about input data. Attached txt is the output - I omitted many similar lines so that it looks clearer. Can anyone please help me with it? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• output_submit.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 3

wangdxx

More information. When I tested this case for the first time I got a cesm.log as below in my run directory. This time I was directly running case.submit without rebuilding the case. Is it problematic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are not enough slots available in the system to satisfy the 56 slots
that were requested by the application:
/scratch/xwang615/testI/bld/cesm.exe
Either request fewer slots for your application, or make more slots available for use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
For the first issue – inputdata – I think you are having an issue similar to the one discussed here: Issue installing on Centos 8 with slurm and lmod . As discussed there, try changing your DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC in your machine's entry in config_machines.xml and see if that solves your problem.

For the second, my first thought is to make sure you have set up MAX_TASKS_PER_NODE and MAX_MPITASKS_PER_NODE correctly for your system. What do you have these set to, and do you know how many cores your cluster has on each node? Generally those two variables should be the same as the number of cores per node.

For additional help, it would help us if you provide the information requested here Information to include in help requests including the information under the porting section.