Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error Running the test-suite for CLM 3.5

Dear All,

I am running CLM 3.5 on IBM machine with AIX 5.3. I downloaded the offline version of the model. I am able to set up the model and it runs fine. It gives me the right output files as it is supposed to give for the default 1 day run (as per the documentation). However, while running the test script for the model, I get an error while performing the 15th test for making grid data (mkgriddata). It is supposed to perform 17 tests and the first 14 tests PASS successfully. I am using the tests_pretag_bluevista file for bluevista as the configuration is same for my system also. The test_driver.sh script has been modified as per my machine.

Following is the error message that I get:

015 sm671 TSMtools.sh mkgriddata singlept
TSMtools.sh: calling TCBtools.sh to prepare mkgriddata executable
TCBtools.sh: building mkgriddata executable; output in /home/climate/mohitv/mohitv/test-driver.4526144/TCBtools.mkgriddata/test.log
TCBtools.sh: call to make:
gmake -j 8
TCBtools.sh: make was successful
TCBtools.sh: configure and build test passed
TCBtools.sh: removing some unneeded files to save disc space
TSMtools.sh: running mkgriddata; output in /home/climate/mohitv/mohitv/test-driver.4526144/TSMtools.mkgriddata.singlept/test.log
/home/climate/mohitv/mohitv/test-driver.4526144/TCBtools.mkgriddata/mkgriddata < /home/climate/mohitv/CLM/clm3.5/tools/mkgriddata/mkgriddata.singlept
/home/climate/mohitv/CLM/clm3.5/test/system/TSMtools.sh[68]: 4743282 IOT/Abort trap(coredump)
TSMtools.sh: error running mkgriddata, error= 134
TSMtools.sh: see /home/climate/mohitv/mohitv/test-driver.4526144/TSMtools.mkgriddata.singlept/test.log for details
stopping on first failure

The test.log file contains:
Attempting to initialize control settings .....
error: namelist input resulted in error code -1

I am using xlf90_r fortran compiler. I have modified the namelist files to contain the right path for the files.

So I am not able to complete the testing process. Please Help if anyone has any clue about this. Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Mohit Ved

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Mohit

First of all do you need to run mkgriddata for your application of using clm3.5? If not why worry about it?

If you do need it -- the error is in reading the namelist -- so first of all I suggest that you read your namelist carefully and make sure the syntax is correct. You might also try removing part of the namelist so you can narrow down to the line that has the problem. Once, you find the namelist error, you should be able to run the test suite. If you still can't fine the problem send your namelist to the list and we'll see if we can recognize it.

Erik

Dear Erik,

I am running the test suite to complete the installation, running and testing of the model as a part of an R&D project. Hence it becomes important to complete the testing.

The namelist file (mkgriddata.singlept) contains the following text:

&clmexp
mksrf_fnavyoro="/home/climate/mohitv/CLM/inputdata/lnd/clm2/rawdata/mksrf_navyoro_20min.c010129.nc"
mksrf_lsmlon = 1
mksrf_lsmlat = 1
mksrf_edgee = -54.0
mksrf_edgew = -56.0
mksrf_edges = -8.0
mksrf_edgen = -6.0
&END

The path mentioned is correct as per my system. The syntax is also correct as my system accepts old namelist format where end of namelist is denoted by &END. Please let me know if anything needs to be modified in the namelist.

I have also tried skipping this test and performing the next test for mksurfdata. It gives me the same error.