Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: shr_reprosum_calc ERROR: NaNs or INFs in input

CaliFornia

CF
Hi everyone. Recently I encountered a problem that several posts talked about but after years there are still users commenting at the end asking for a clear approach to solve it : Problem running CESM: failed to converge

I encountered similar issue and has been stuck on it for very long time.

I am running a case starting 20140101 with a modified FCnudged compset (FCnudgedvbsslh). With that I added some tagged gas to the chemistry, therefore updated my initial file with new added CH401 CH402 CH403, and CO01 CO02 CO03 variables.

After submitting the case, atm.log show this error:
'imp_sol: time step 1800.000 failed to converge @ (lchnk,vctrpos,nstep) = 2050 436 0
imp_sol: time step 1800.000 failed to converge @ (lchnk,vctrpos,nstep) = 2050 438 0
SHR_REPROSUM_CALC: Input contains 0.86400E+03 NaNs and 0.00000E+00 INFs on process 0
ERROR: shr_reprosum_calc ERROR: NaNs or INFs in input'

I followed suggestions from user mmills (still got same error):
Try running for 2 days with this in your user_nl_cam file in your case directory:

fv_nsplit = 128
fv_nspltrac = 128
fv_nspltvrm = 128
inithist = 'DAILY'
If the run completes 2 days, you can continue the run after removing these lines from the user_nl_cam. The purpose of the inithist line is to produce a new initial condition file (*.cam.i.*) that you can use for future stable startups. Let me know if this works.

./check_input_data --chksum shows no error.
Other settings:
./xmlchange NTASKS=2048
./xmlchange PIO_VERSION=1

Error info found in /case/logs/run_environment.txt:
/bin/sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
/bin/sh: error importing function definition for `module'
/bin/sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
/bin/sh: error importing function definition for `module'
sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
sh: error importing function definition for `module'
sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
sh: error importing function definition for `module'

Would anyonehelp to point out what is wrong with my model? I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.

Log files too large but links to Dropbox are attached below.
atm.log
cesm.log

Attachments

• lnd.log.3828592.desched1.240317-162744.txt
    127.1 KB · Views: 2