Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

error when using the yearly solar constant before 1850

zj_36@163_com

Hi,
I am trying to use the yearly solar constant from 1000AD to 2000AD to forcing the CCSM. I set the 'scenario_scon' to 'RAMPED' in the namelist of atmospheric module and write a subroutine in ramp_scon.F90 to read the solar constant data (instead of including the ramp_scon.h).
The CCSM can be successfully built. However, the process was killed during the simulation.
Are there any restrictions in the model that limit the start year of solar constant as well as the time span (shorter than about 300yr)?
Anyone has the same problem? How can I solve this problem?
Thanks!

rneale

Rich Neale
CAM Project Scientist
Staff member
As far as I am aware you need a data file for the timeseries of scon. Do you have this?
Currently they only exist for dates beyond 1870 but I am sure you could modify this to include earlier dates if you have the raw data.