Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

F compset with irrigation

Shreya Bhowmick

Shreya Bhowmick
Hi everyone,

I am using the compset F_AMIP_CAM5 in cesm 1.2.2 in a linux server of my university. I currently cannot upgrade to CESM2. I wanted to turn on irrigation in this compset and so I changed CLM_BLDNML_OPTS to "-irrig on" in a startup run. When I tried to setup the case I got the following error:

CLM build-namelist ERROR: No default value found for create_crop_landunit.
Are defaults provided for this resolution and land mask?
ERROR: clm.buildnml.csh failed
ERROR: /mnt/HDD/MODEL/CESM/cesm1_2_2/cases/F1979_11yr_irrig/preview_namelists failed: 25344

The resolution that I am using is f09_g16. Can anyone help me with this error? Is I compset neccessary to turn on irrigation?
I wanted to land and atmosphere to interact with each other along with prescribed SST and so I chose this compset.

Thank you for your time.
Shreya

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It doesn't look like there are any available transient surface datasets with irrigation active. I think there might be one available for year 2000 at that resolution, e.g., for this compset: F_2000_CAM5.