Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Field size mismatch in MOM6

rahulpai

Rahul Pai
Dear all,

I'm new to MOM6 and currently trying to carry out model-based experiments for my research work.
I got the following error while trying to run the test case OM4_025 from MOM6/ice_ocean_SIS2/ using the restart files.

"FATAL from PE 9: fms_io(read_data_3d_new), field u in file RESTART/MOM.res.nc: field size mismatch 1"
1441 1080 75 1440 1080 75
1441 1080 75 1440 1080 75

The error file generated is attached to this post.
Can someone please suggest how to fix this?
Any help/suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Rahul Pai

Attachments

• mom6.tar.gz
    54.9 KB · Views: 6

adcroft

Alistair Adcroft
We just discussed this. It looks like the restart was created using the non-symmetric memory mode but the current executable is using the symmetric memory mode. Currently it is required that the memory mode not be changed. Can you try with the non-symmetric executable?

rahulpai

Rahul Pai
We just discussed this. It looks like the restart was created using the non-symmetric memory mode but the current executable is using the symmetric memory mode. Currently it is required that the memory mode not be changed. Can you try with the non-symmetric executable?
Thank you so much for your kind response.
Can you please let me know how can I create the restart with non-symmetric memory mode?

Regards,
Rahul Pai

adcroft

Alistair Adcroft
If you use the same executable for both stages of the run then everything should be consistent (i.e. generate the restart and read the restart with the same executable). If you are using a restart from elsewhere, you should recompile the executable to be consistent with that. We have no tool to convert the restart.