Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

frac_veg_nosno_alb

Hello, I am running CLM3.5-CN in single column mode. After adding a 2nd PFT (deciduous shrubs), I noticed that the 'frac_veg_nosno' state var. for my main PFT (temp. coniferous) was set = 0 for all points in the time series. It appears that 'frac_veg_nosno_alb' also is = 0 for all points, but I am having difficulty locating in which module this 'frac_veg_nosno_alb' state variable is set. Thanks in advance for any input. For now, I am just setting 'frac_veg_nosno' = 1 in 'DriverInitMod.F90' but would like to know what might be the problem.

slevis

Where do you add the 2nd pft? In your surface dataset? Do you make sure that all pfts have non-zero LAI?

Sam