Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Generating Mapping Files in CESM 1.2 - share librariers error (libmpich.so.3)

Hello, I'm currently trying to utilize an interactive login on Yellowstone to run some mapping tools built into CESM 1.2.  However, I seem to be running into an error where the shared libraries aren't loading (libmpich.so.3). I run the following command to enter interactive mode: bsub -Is -q small -W 1:00 -n 1 -P UCDV0003 $SHELL Then, in the following directory: /glade/p/work/arhoades/cesm1_2_rel06/models/lnd/clm/tools/shared/mkmapdata
I run this command:
./mkmapdata.sh -p clm4_0 --gridfile AR_calif_30_x8.g_scrip.nc --res 0.125x0.125 --gridtype global
 And I get the error highlighted below: ====================

[arhoades@ys2929 mkmapdata]$ ./mkmapdata.sh -p clm4_0 --gridfile AR_calif_30_x8.g_scrip.nc --res 0.125x0.125 --gridtype global
./mkmapdata.sh
Script to create mapping files required by mksurfdata_map
query command is ./../../../bld/queryDefaultNamelist.pl -silent -namelist clmexp -phys clm4_0  -justvalue -options sim_year=2000 -csmdata /glade/p/cesm/cseg/inputdata

Using user specified scrip grid file: AR_calif_30_x8.g_scrip.nc
Output grid resolution is 0.125x0.125
rm: cannot remove `PET*.Log': No such file or directory
Creating mapping file: map_0.5x0.5_USGS_to_0.125x0.125_nomask_aave_da_c140106.nc
From input grid: /glade/p/cesm/cseg/inputdata/lnd/clm2/mappingdata/grids/SCRIPgrid_0.5x0.5_USGS_c110725.nc
For output grid: AR_calif_30_x8.g_scrip.nc

/glade/apps/opt/esmf/6.1.1-ncdfio/intel/12.1.5/bin/binO/Linux.intel.64.mpich2.default/ESMF_RegridWeightGen: error while loading shared libraries: libmpich.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error status returned from mkmapdata script

==================== Any ideas? Thanks in advance! All the best, AR