Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Generating mapping files using mkmapdata.sh with UGRID format error

Fuhow

Fu Hao
Hello there, I found an error while generating mapping files during adding a new resolution:

My CESM machine has 500GB memory, I ran the command: ./mkmapdata.sh -r $GRIDNAME -f $GRIDFILE -t regional, ESMF can generate mapping files for SCRIP format files, but returned:

Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Error status returned from mkmapdata script

报错.png

the mapping files from SCRIP format grid files are listed:已经保存的基于SCRIPgrid的mapping文件.png

The log file shows nothing:
日志文件.png

The information returned with no spefic error even in the log file, any advice will be much appreciated.

Fuhow

Fu Hao
Hi, I have solved this error, it's about my environment setting during ESMF installing. Now, I am going to share my environment setting under the newest ESMF version.

ESMF_DIR=/home/user/Downloads/esmf-8.6.0
ESMF_NETCDF_LIBS="-lnetcdf -lnetcdff"
ESMF_COMPILER=intel
ESMF_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/user/app/esmf/
ESMF_PIO="internal"
ESMF_PIO_INCLUDE=/home/user/app/ParallelIO/include/
ESMF_PNETCDF_LIBPATH=/home/user/netcdf-intel/lib/
ESMFBIN_PATH=/home/user/app/esmf/bin/binO/Linux.intel.64.intelmpi.default/
ESMF_PNETCDF="standard"
ESMF_NETCDF_LIBPATH=/home/user/netcdf-intel/lib/
ESMF_NETCDF="split"
ESMF_PIO_LIBPATH=/home/user/app/ParallelIO/lib/