Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Help about "passive ozone" in CESM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering whether there is "passive ozone" output (i.e., ozone acts as passive tracer and isn't involved in chemical reactions) in the CESM. If yes, how to open it?

Thanks,
Jiankai Zhang

santos

I have moved this to the atmosphere forum because it seems more appropriate here. As far as I know, ozone is never completely passive (at least it interacts with the radiation, even when it is prescribed), but someone else may have a different answer.

santos

I have moved this to the atmosphere forum because it seems more appropriate here. As far as I know, ozone is never completely passive (at least it interacts with the radiation, even when it is prescribed), but someone else may have a different answer.

pjc@llnl_gov

Hi, An ozone tracer without any source and loss wouldn't be very useful (except for very short simulations) as it will end up being uniformly mixed.   Can you clarify what you are looking for? Best wishes,       Philip

pjc@llnl_gov

Hi, An ozone tracer without any source and loss wouldn't be very useful (except for very short simulations) as it will end up being uniformly mixed.   Can you clarify what you are looking for? Best wishes,       Philip