Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

historical ozone forcing for WACCM prescribed chemistry run.

Hi

I'm trying to run the WACCM model as part of a composet B CESM simulation, however I'm running with prescribed chemistry by setting the -chem waccm_ghg flag.

I'd like to know if there is a time-varying historical ozone data set (1850-2005) extending above 3hPa that can be used for such a run. The one used for the CAM model only has 26 levels. As far as I know the current release of WACCM only supplies a climatological forcing file for O3, rather than a time-varying file.

Lawrence.

Apologies for the delay in replying. Output from our 1850-2005 WACCM runs will be publicly released according to the CMIP5 data policy, following publication of our first paper based on them, which will be submitted by the end of 2011.