Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How and where to change Vcmax value of photosynthesis?

liyongkang

liyongkang
I want to change Vcmax to enhance the simulated value of GPP and NPP, but I dont know where to do with. I decide to find a way in clm5_params.c171117.nc (lnd/clm2/paramdata ) file. I want to know if the field - s_vcad(pft) is my target field to change. Thanks!

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I don't think s_vcad has any effect if LUNA is on (default is on in CLM5), unless it's a C4 plant or a crop. i_vcad is in the same category as s_vcad.
Based on an ongoing global parameter perturbation study we are conducting, you could try leafcn (leaf carbon to nitrogen ratio). The model GPP at least is quite sensitive to changes of +-30% in that parameter.

liyongkang

liyongkang
I don't think s_vcad has any effect if LUNA is on (default is on in CLM5), unless it's a C4 plant or a crop. i_vcad is in the same category as s_vcad.
Based on an ongoing global parameter perturbation study we are conducting, you could try leafcn (leaf carbon to nitrogen ratio). The model GPP at least is quite sensitive to changes of +-30% in that parameter.
Thanks a lot!

aatreyee_iirs

Aatreyee Nath
Hello everyone,
I checked the parameter file and I believe we can use nco to make certain changes to it?
If i want to change the value of a variable for a particular pft, how can I change it?
I would be grateful for any suggestions.