Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How can I find data from a global climate simulation based on IPCC AR4 scenarios?

farshad

Farshad Yavari
I am trying to run WRF-CMAQ simulation to predict concentration of PM2.5 in Middle East domain. For WRF simulation, I need 6 hours raw Grib data from a global climate model run based on IPCC AR4 scenarios but I can't find the data. I would appreciate it if you could help me to find proper data.

strandwg

Staff member
I am trying to run WRF-CMAQ simulation to predict concentration of PM2.5 in Middle East domain. For WRF simulation, I need 6 hours raw Grib data from a global climate model run based on IPCC AR4 scenarios but I can't find the data. I would appreciate it if you could help me to find proper data.
IPCC AR4 data are very old at this point and have been superseded. No data from any GCM are in grib format.

Do you really need data from AR4 or will other 6-hourly data do?

farshad

Farshad Yavari
Thank you for your responses, I'm now pretty sure that I can't find any data from IPCC AR4 scenario runs, so I decided to use data from IPCC AR5 scenario runs. The data is needed for WRF model simulation so it must be in grib1 or grib2 format, other formats which could be converted to this formats should be ok.

strandwg

Staff member
Thank you for your responses, I'm now pretty sure that I can't find any data from IPCC AR4 scenario runs, so I decided to use data from IPCC AR5 scenario runs. The data is needed for WRF model simulation so it must be in grib1 or grib2 format, other formats which could be converted to this formats should be ok.

There are any number of tools that can convert from netCDF to grib. The WRF support list/forum almost certainly has a list.