Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How I create variable for finidat file base on exist netcdf files?

Dong Peng

Dong Peng
Hello, everyone. I am trying to write a new tracer to CLM BGC. I got a 2D global soil Hg concentration netcdf file. The workflow is I need to transfer the 2D conc. file into finidat 1D variable. But I cant find any tools in CLM tools or guidance about this workflow. Does anyone tried this workflow before? Thanks.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
If you already have code setup in the model to read in the 2d file, then it seems like you could add code to add the variable to the restart file and then run the model for a time step to produce a restart file that has the variable on it.

Dong Peng

Dong Peng
Hello, Oleson. I know what you mean, but the code was something wrong. Check this About findat format problem The restartvar should not be restart. We are trying to read the initial variable from restartvar function. It could make the bug when continue run the case for a long simulation. Can we read in the initial variable in initCold or somewhere it should be rather than in the subroutine restart? The tools for initial variable creation could be useful just like the mk_surfdata tools. Sometimes we need to change the initial variables for specific simulations, but it is hard to adjust the res and shift 2D and 1D variables. I just looking forward will have such tools. Hope it is a bit of reliable advice. Thanks.