How to calculate Net community production with output variables

zjulin

Fanyu Lin
New Member
Hi Staff
I learned that in CESM2 of CMIP6, there is a variable called "fbddtdic", which stands for Rate of change in dissolved inorganic carbon due to biological activity, and we can think of it as NCP(Net Community Production). However, since the name of the variable in the official CESM2 documentation is very different from the CMIP6, I am having a hard time finding a variable to represent NCP. I have now found two possible variables, one is "tend_zint_100m_DIC" and the other is "Jint_100m_DIC",which means "Dissolved Inorganic Carbon Tendency Vertical Integral" and "Dissolved Inorganic Carbon Source Sink Term Vertical Integral", and I don't know if the answer is in one of them. Or are there any other variables?

I will appreciate if anyone can help me, thanks!
 

strandwg

Moderator
Staff member
Hi Staff
I learned that in CESM2 of CMIP6, there is a variable called "fbddtdic", which stands for Rate of change in dissolved inorganic carbon due to biological activity, and we can think of it as NCP(Net Community Production). However, since the name of the variable in the official CESM2 documentation is very different from the CMIP6, I am having a hard time finding a variable to represent NCP. I have now found two possible variables, one is "tend_zint_100m_DIC" and the other is "Jint_100m_DIC",which means "Dissolved Inorganic Carbon Tendency Vertical Integral" and "Dissolved Inorganic Carbon Source Sink Term Vertical Integral", and I don't know if the answer is in one of them. Or are there any other variables?

I will appreciate if anyone can help me, thanks!

"fbddtdic" is the same as "Jint_100m_DIC".
 
Back
Top