Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to calculate PET from clm output

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, all,
I have checked the output vars of clm, but did not find PET or even VPD. Maybe I have to calculate by myself, but seems a little bit unclear.
According to the below paper, we can get Rn (not directly, but can be calucated use other radiation-realted variables), es and ea requires the mean, max
and min (seems there are avaliable tmax and tmin from CLM), the trouble come from u2, we can only get u10 from clm, is there anyway to get u2 or other possible
method to get PET from CLM?

1711891555773.png

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, all,
I have checked the output vars of clm, but did not find PET or even VPD. Maybe I have to calculate by myself, but seems a little bit unclear.
According to the below paper, we can get Rn (not directly, but can be calucated use other radiation-realted variables), es and ea requires the mean, max
and min (seems there are avaliable tmax and tmin from CLM), the trouble come from u2, we can only get u10 from clm, is there anyway to get u2 or other possible
method to get PET from CLM?

View attachment 5102
sorry for that, I just notice how to get the u2 from u10, now the question about how to get es and ea, it seems it requried the dew temperature,
but the key point is we can not get VPD from the CLM output, if so, then i do not need to calcuate es and ea then get VPD. Besides, i use CLM/sp mode.

Best