Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to control the output field variables in MOM6?

sunweihao

19970130SWh
Dear scientists,
I am using MOM6 with CESM2. During my work I found I do not need many output variables which is default in the model ourput. I would like to question how can I set the mom6 model to output special variables which I need? I tried to edit diag_table in the run path after build case. But when I submit to job, the model will overlap the diag_table with default settings.
Can someone help me?

Thanks!

gmarques

Gustavo Marques
Staff member
You need to put your modified diag_table in CASEROOT/SourceMods/src.mom/ - it will be automatically copied to the RUNDIR
Instructions on how to configure the diag_table can be found here.

sunweihao

19970130SWh
You need to put your modified diag_table in CASEROOT/SourceMods/src.mom/ - it will be automatically copied to the RUNDIR
Instructions on how to configure the diag_table can be found here.
Thanks for your reply! I follow your instruction and successfully output special variables I want.

The instruction link which you shared I also read yesterday, though it tells the syntax and examples about the diag_table, I did not find the instruction about how to apply these changes in the model run. This may be a suggestion for the next revision of the documentation.