Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to create a branch run for compset=F2000climo with increased frequency of output files.

bidyut

BIDYUT BIKASH GOSWAMI
Hi All,

I ran the comset=F2000climo for 35 years with monthly historical files (I named it the CTRL run). Now I want to "branch" a run for 5 more years with 3 hourly historical files. I tried to follow the instructions mentioned in https://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/cesm1.2/cesm/doc/usersguide/x2268.html but it did not work probably because those instructions were for CESM1.2 and I am using CESM2.1.3. Kindly suggest the proper steps which I need to follow in order to perform a branch run.

Thank you.

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
This year's CESM tutorial had a section on making a branch run. All of the tutorial sessions can be found at:

The details for making a branch run can be found on slide 59 in:

The video presentation for this session is at:

bidyut

BIDYUT BIKASH GOSWAMI
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks a lot for sharing the links. I followed the instructions given in the slide#59 of the Tutorial and could run the model. I have checked the outputs and they seem OK.

Thank you again.