Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

how to create my own forcing data for single point simulation

kaeritai

Hi dear everyone,
I am trying to create my own meterological forcing data for a Fluxnet site with its observation data. Is there any tools or scripts for CLM5.0?
Or, can I just extract data from global data such as ERA5?

I noticed on the forum that the CLM requires classical NETCDF formats and thus I would appreciate if someone can show me where to obtain
this kind of script to creat my own inputs in the CLM directories.

thanks!

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You can either create your own forcing data or subset an existing global dataset. If you are comparing model output with observed fluxes you will likely get better model performance by forcing with data observed at the site. For information on setting up single point simulations see this discussion:

You can post at that discussion topic if you have further questions.

kaeritai

You can either create your own forcing data or subset an existing global dataset. If you are comparing model output with observed fluxes you will likely get better model performance by forcing with data observed at the site. For information on setting up single point simulations see this discussion:

You can post at that discussion topic if you have further questions.
Hi dear Oleson,
thank you for your reply. I am sorry that I did not find the "tools/site_and_regional" folder as suggested that discussion. Not sure is it only for NACR machines? or for latest version of CESM?
I run on my own desktop with CLM5.0;

Do I miss something here?