Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

how to restore the sfwf in CESM?(how to write a nc file instead of a binary filesfwf_mm_PHC2_salx_flxio_20090831.ieeer8)

wenq@pku_edu_cn

Hi,    I want to restore the sfwf in CESM. first of all, I need to write a nc file insteat a binary file. The default file is sfwf_mm_PHC2_salx_flxio_20090831.ieeer8 , I didnt know what dimension and variable included in this file.?    if I really write a nc file , what's the name and dimention of this variables ?     any reply would be very appreciated.  It is very important to me ! thanks !                                                       Qin Wen

njn01

The experiment that you want to conduct is not an  "out-of-the-box" option, so you will need to do a lot of work to understand the code well enough to make your modifications.There is only limited documentation on the the contents of the binary input data file, so unfortunately, you will need to read and understand the code and options used in the forcing_sfwf.F90 module and the POP file-reading routines. In my opinion, your tasks require expert-level understanding of the POP code, and I do not have sufficient experience to help you with this. Perhaps someone else on this discussion board has done something similar and would be willing and able to help you.