Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to run CAM5-CLM5?

uijink

Ui-Jin Kwon
Hello,

I have CESM1.2, and now I want to run CAM5-CLM5. This is my first time doing something like this and I'm having a hard time.

I succeeded in creating a new case by modifying the config file, i.e., '2000_CAM5_CLM50%SP_CICE%PRES_DOCN%DOM_RTM_SGLC_SWAV'
I think the next step should be setting up. I pasted clm5 codes under '~/lnd/clm/src/clm5_0', and appropriate xml files under '~/lnd/clm/bld/config_files' and '~/lnd/clm/bld/namelist_files'
Nevertheless, './cesm_setup' is not working.

Can you tell me what's wrong with the methods I tried above?

Even after setup is complete, difficulties are expected for a successful build. Since there will definitely be differences in the variables that CLM4 and CLM5 receive from CAM5, the variables sent from CAM5 to CLM5 must be well matched to build even after setup is completed.
If possible, can you please share the code?

Thank you for your attention.

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Hi,

I apologize that we are no longer able to provide support for CESM1.2; we encourage you to update to the CESM2 series (Community Earth System Model 2 (CESM2) | Community Earth System Model). See Support Policy | Community Earth System Model for support details.

Once you update to a later series, my recommendation to you would be that you start with the README (if you haven't already). It also looks like your compset name is missing a "0" for CAM5. It should be "2000_CAM50_CLM50..."

Good luck!
Courtney