Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How/where can I find CESM2 daily soil moisture data in NCAR?

Ali

Ali Fallahmaraghi
Hi folks,

Here is the path that I found for CESM2 monthly soil moisture data:
/glade/collections/cdg/data/CMIP6/C4MIP/NCAR/CESM2/1pctCO2-bgc/r1i1p1f1/Lmon/mrso/gn/files/d20190724

I am wondering if someone guide me where is daily root zone soil moisture, i.e. total water content of soil layer over land (mrsol or mrlsl). I am looking for both "1pctco2-bgc" and "1pctco2-rad".

Thanks in advance,
Ali

klindsay

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi,
I looked at the scripts in the directories for the "1pctco2-bgc" and "1pctco2-rad" experiments,
and it appears that no daily history output was generated from the land model.
So I don't think that the output you are looking for currently exists.
Sorry, Keith

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Ali Fallahmaraghi
Hi,
I looked at the scripts in the directories for the "1pctco2-bgc" and "1pctco2-rad" experiments,
and it appears that no daily history output was generated from the land model.
So I don't think that the output you are looking for currently exists.
Sorry, Keith
Thanks for your comment. Yes apparently such data are not available as also, for this case, I have not seen CESM2 on CMIP6 website. The only daily soil moisture data were MPI-M and CMCC.

strandwg

Staff member
Thanks for your comment. Yes apparently such data are not available as also, for this case, I have not seen CESM2 on CMIP6 website. The only daily soil moisture data were MPI-M and CMCC.

Sorry, but those two fields weren't required at daily time resolution for those two simulations.

Ali

Ali Fallahmaraghi
Many thanks Gary for your feedback. That is unfortunate such daily soil moisture data is not available there.