Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Hybrid Run in CESM2.1.3 Model Run error

cgolja

Colleen
Hello all!
I am using CESM 2.1.3 and my objective is to generate a hybrid run from restart files at year 501 of the CMIP6: b_e21_B1850_2degcmip6picontrol run. I've created a new case using the B1850 compset (longname: 1850_CAM60_CLM50%BGC-CROP_CICE_POP2%ECO%ABIO-DIC_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_WW3_BGC%BDRD), at resolution f19_g17.

I've imposed the following xml changes (some of these are just imposing defaults):
STOP_OPTION='ndays'
STOP_N=5
JOB_WALLCLOCK_TIME = '01:00:00'
JOB_QUEUE='huce_cascade'
MAX_TASKS_PER_NODE=48
CAM_CONFIG_OPTS="-chem none"
DOUT_S_SAVE_INTERIM_RESTART_FILES='true'
REST_OPTION='nyears'
REST_N=1
CONTINE_RUN='false'
RESUBMIT=0
RUN_TYPE='hybrid'
RUN_REFCASE='b.e21.B1850.f19_g17.CMIP6-piControl-2deg.001'
RUN_REFDATE="0501-01-01"
RUN_REFDIR="/n/holystore01/LABS/keith_lab_seas/Lab/cgolja/CESM_restart_files/CMIP6/b_e21_B1850_2degcmip6picontrol/0501-01-01/
(note the above directory contains all the files I copied from the restart folder of this case from the UCAR/NCAR glade storage, and includes the rpointer files etc)

I've modified the user_nl_cam file to include some extra outputs, and have attached that below.

My case successfully builds, however encounters and error once it runs. From what I can see in the log files I think this has something to do with the aerosol/chemistry of CAM (and the fact that I'm altering this configuration from the run I want to kick off from--can I do that?) , but I'm pretty out of my depth in diagnosing a fix. The error I'm seeing in the cesm.log file is:

WARNING: Rearr optional argument is a pio2 feature, ignored in pio1
ERROR: ADDFLD: VOLCANIC_m3 already on list

I've attached my build script, user_nl_cam file, log files, version information, and configuration xml files as we've ported CESM 2 for use on Harvard's Cannon computing cluster.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

[Edited by Bill Sacks (2021-01-27) at 7:30 pm: just fixed color of some text that was invisible.]

Attachments

• current_version.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 7
  • config_compilers.txt
    785 bytes · Views: 4
  • config_batch.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 6
  • config_pio.txt
    153 bytes · Views: 2
  • cpl.log.14265970.210122-231915.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 0
  • user_nl_cam_dailyvar.txt
    391 bytes · Views: 10
  • config_machines.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 3
  • cesm.log.14265970.210122-231915.txt
    520.9 KB · Views: 7
  • build_cesm_bash.txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Thanks for including the details of your setup and these log files. I agree that it looks like an error in CAM, so I'm going to transfer this to the CAM forum to get attention from people who may know the answer. In particular, it looks like the case is trying to add the VOLCANIC_m3 field to the history file multiple times, though I don't know what would cause that; hopefully someone in the CAM forum is able to answer this.

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Colleen,

The issue is that you have turned off chemistry ("-chem none"), which currently causes a model failure in the default version of CAM6 for CESM2.1.3. If there is not a particular science reason to turn off chemistry, then I would recommend just using the default chemistry package (which should be "trop_mam4").

Otherwise, I believe this issue can be avoided if you add the line:

use_hetfrz_classnuc = .false.

To your user_nl_cam file. Of course if neither option works for you then please let me know.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Jesse

cgolja

Colleen
Thanks so much for this reply!
We have a scientific reason to turn off chem and just use bulk aerosols, so I pursued this fix!
I instituted this change in my user_nl_cam, but am still getting the same error in my log file upon case submission:
ERROR: ADDFLD: VOLCANIC_m3 already on list
I'll attach my log file and new user_nl_cam file, otherwise all aspects of the build and machine configurations are consistent with my first post.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Colleen

Attachments

496 bytes · Views: 5
  • atm.log.16920170.210209-192316.txt
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
  • cpl.log.16920170.210209-192316.txt
    40.9 KB · Views: 1
  • cesm.log.16920170.210209-192316.txt
    521.1 KB · Views: 4

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Colleen,

It appears that there is another bug in the CAM source code that is causing the error you are running into. For now it looks like you'll need to turn off volcanic aerosol radiative forcings when running with bulk aerosols (-chem none). You can do so by adding the following lines to your user_nl_cam file:

Code:
 rad_climate = 'A:Q:H2O', 'N:O2:O2',
         'N:CO2:CO2', 'N:ozone:O3',
         'N:N2O:N2O', 'N:CH4:CH4',
         'N:CFC11:CFC11', 'N:CFC12:CFC12',
         'N:sulf:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/sulfate_rrtmg_c080918.nc', 'N:dust1:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/dust1_rrtmg_c080918.nc',
         'N:dust2:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/dust2_rrtmg_c080918.nc', 'N:dust3:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/dust3_rrtmg_c080918.nc',
         'N:dust4:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/dust4_rrtmg_c080918.nc', 'N:bcar1:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/bcpho_rrtmg_c080918.nc',
         'N:bcar2:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/bcphi_rrtmg_c080918.nc', 'N:ocar1:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/ocpho_rrtmg_c080918.nc',
         'N:ocar2:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/ocphi_rrtmg_c080918.nc', 'N:sslt1:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/seasalt1_rrtmg_c080918.nc',
         'N:sslt2:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/seasalt2_rrtmg_c080918.nc', 'N:sslt3:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/seasalt3_rrtmg_c080918.nc',
         'N:sslt4:/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/physprops/seasalt4_rrtmg_c080918.nc'

Basically this is just copying the rad_climate entry from your atm_in file (which exists in your run directory) and then removing any listed files that represent volcanic aerosols.

Finally, If the model still won't run for you then please let me know.

Jesse

cgolja

Colleen
Thanks for your continuing help. I went ahead and modified my user_nl_cam file as directed (attached). I've moved forward and am getting a new error. I'll attach my error logs - I can't tell if I am seeing an initialization issue, or if cam is still trying to save variables that are no longer present.

(snippet from the atm.log....)
FLDLST: num_a2 in fincl(258, 1) not found
FLDLST: num_a3 in fincl(259, 1) not found
FLDLST: num_a4 in fincl(260, 1) not found
FLDLST: so4_a1 in fincl(261, 1) not found
FLDLST: so4_a2 in fincl(262, 1) not found
FLDLST: so4_a3 in fincl(263, 1) not found
FLDLST: so4_c1 in fincl(264, 1) not found
FLDLST: O3 in fincl(265, 1) not found
ERROR: FLDLST: 165 errors found, see log

Attachments

2.2 KB · Views: 7
  • cpl.log.17891122.210219-203235.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cesm.log.17891122.210219-203235.txt
    207.3 KB · Views: 6
  • atm.log.17891122.210219-203235.txt
    138.5 KB · Views: 5

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Colleen,

I was sadly unable to reproduce your error, as I was able to get a hybrid B-compset simulation to run using CESM2.1.3 with your namelist settings and chem=none, at least for a few time-steps.

Did you make any sort of source code changes to the model, or are there any other inputs to user_nl_cam that aren't included in the attached file? Also, can you try a "startup" run instead of "hybrid", just to see if it works?

Finally, if you could send me your env_run.xml and env_build.xml files as well that would be helpful, just to make sure there weren't any other configuration details that I missed during testing.

Jesse

cgolja

Colleen
Thanks for looking at this so thoroughly.

The attached log files were from a startup run ( I had wanted to make sure it wasn't an issue with the restart files themselves) the errors presented were identical to that of the hybrid run. I'm attaching my build script (build_cesm_bash.txt), the output from that build (buildout.txt), the error logs, the env_run.xml, and the env_build.xml. To my knowledge I have not modified any source code (and do not wish to).

My gut reaction is maybe the way I've modified short-term archiving was an issue (but I'm still unclear if this is an initialization or an archiving issue).

Again, thank you for your continuing help!
Best,
Colleen

Attachments

• user_nl_cam.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 4
  • buildout.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
  • env_run.txt
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
  • env_build.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • cpl.log.17891122.210219-203235.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
  • build_cesm_bash.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 2
  • atm.log.17891122.210219-203235.txt
    138.5 KB · Views: 1
  • cesm.log.17891122.210219-203235.txt
    207.3 KB · Views: 1

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Colleen,

It looks like you are using a developmental version of CESM2.1.3 instead of the official release code. You can download the official release code by following the instructions found online here:

Once you have the official release version fully downloaded (including the externals), can you then create a new case with it and try your run again? If it still fails then if you can send me your logs again that would certainly be helpful.

Also, as an FYI, your issue appears to be an initialization problem that is independent of your archive settings (as archiving is usually run as a separate job after your original model simulation has completed, while your model run is dying before it gets to the first time step).

Anyways, I hope that helps, and good luck with the new simulation!

Jesse

cgolja

Colleen
OH thank you! that is definitely not intentional. I'll work on getting this squared away tomorrow. I'll follow up as soon as I am running with the correct versioning!

cgolja

Colleen
Hi!
Just wanted to post a quick update - I've downloaded CESM v. 2.1.2 and configured a startup run using an identical setup (chem none, prescribed_aero='bulk' etc). I am generating an identical error. In taking a deeper look into the cam/src/control folder in my base directory my current understanding is that my model is asking for fields not added into the master field list-- most of these fields seem to be related to modal aerosols, but since we have changed to bulk, should the model be looking for these fields at all? If not I would imagine I can take a look at where how the master field list is being produced in regard to the aerosol module....

Best,
C

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Colleen,

Thanks for the update! Just to make sure, did you use CESM2.1.3, or CESM2.1.2? If you used CESM2.1.2 then I would recommend trying CESM2.1.3 instead, simply because that is the current, officially supported version (and the same version we are using for testing).

In terms of the actual problem, I'll need you to run a few tests to see if the issue can be narrowed down. First, can you try an F-compset (e.g. "F2000climo") with -chem none, and no other changes besides the ones I provided above (e.g. no prescribed_aero or fincl namelist changes)? I would also recommend setting STOP_OPTION to "nsteps" and STOP_N to "10" to keep the run cheap. If that fails with the same error, can you try an "F2000climo" compset directly out of the box with no modifications at all (other than the STOP_XXX changes)?

Also, for those simulations can you make sure to go to the respective case directory and run

./check_input_data --download

before running the model? This will make sure that all input data that is required for your simulation is present in the directory specified by DIN_LOC_ROOT.

Finally, it looks like you have more than one compiler on your system, so if you can try building the model with a different compiler that would help as well (which can be done by adding the --compiler XXX flag to create_newcase, with "xxx" being one of the compilers listed for your machine, like "intel"). This would at least make sure that it's not (likely) a compiler issue.

Anyways let me know how it goes, and sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, it is just unclear to me yet why you are running into this problem, as I am currently still unable to re-produce it.

Thanks, and good luck with the tests!

Jesse

cgolja

Colleen
Hello,
I've redownloaded the model version 2.1.3, and performed the following test as you described, with the following outcomes:

1). F2000climo - out of the box -- success
2). F2000climo, chem -none, rad_climate nl changes, use_hetfrz_classnuc = .false. -- success
3). F2000climo, chem -none, rad_climate nl changes, use_hetfrz_classnuc = .false, prescribed_aero_model='bulk' --success
4). B1850 - out of the box -- success
5). B1850, chem -none, rad_climate nl changes, use_hetfrz_classnuc = .false. -- FLDLST error (same as previously posted) upon submission (attached log)
6). B1850, chem -none, rad_climate nl changes, use_hetfrz_classnuc = .false, prescribed_aero_model='bulk' --FLDLST error (same as previously posted) upon submission

I added the compiler tag "intel" and got the some results. I reran the B1850's just to see if it was previously an issue with my model versioning. In trying to troubleshoot for the purpose of my research, I was also testing using B1850 with CAM 6 and tropmam3 ....this gave me an error sourced from the atm_in file such that the model is looking for files that just don't have information for the year 1850 (it may just be that this is an impossible configuration, but I didn't see any hardcoded warnings that would prevent a user from pushing this change):

8). F2000climo -tropmam3 -success
7). B1850, chem -tropmam3 - error upon submission (attached log)

Error:

open_trc_datafile: cycle year not found /n/holyscratch01/keith_lab_seas/cgolja/CESM213ROOT//inputdata/atm/cam/chem/trop_mozart_aero/emis/aerocom_mam3_dms_surf_2000_c120315.nc
open_trc_datafile: cycle year not found : 1850

I thought these two errors together might help our sleuthing, as both are related to input data. In the latter case it seems like if I know the filename I want (which I think is the same file with ‘1850’ instead of ‘2000’ or some transient time that includes 1850) I should be able to manually put it in the folder necessary….

Let me know what you think, and thanks again for your help …

Best,
Colleen

Attachments

• atm.log.B1850_nochem.txt
    138.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cesm.log.B1850_tropmam3.txt
    157.1 KB · Views: 0

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Colleen,

Thanks for running those tests! And apologies for the delayed response, as I got wrapped up with some other work this past week.

I am surprised that an F-compset ran with -chem none, but the B-compset failed with that FLDLST error, as a B-compset shouldn't really change the history output for CAM relative to an F-compset. Can you send me your atm_in file from the successful F-compset run and the failed B-compset run? Those files should be located in each case's run directory.

Also, can you send me your CESM213_bash.rc file? That way I can see if there is something in your computing environment that might be causing the issue.

Finally, in terms of the "mam3" code you are completely correct in that it should be grabbing an "1850" file instead. Sadly though I am not very knowledgeable on which emission files are the correct ones, so if you want to use "trop_mam3" then I would recommend making a new post on the "CAM-Chem" forum here:

And hopefully someone with more expertise on the chemistry emission files will be able to provide better guidance.

Jesse

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Just to finish this thread, it was found after working with Colleen that the problem was being caused by the presence of a fincl tag in the use case file 1850_cam6.xml, which is located here:

<CESM_directory>/components/cam/bld/namelist_files/use_cases

Where "<CESM_directory>" is the location of the CESM code base. This fincl tag in the use case file was causing the model to try and output chemistry variables that weren't actually present, resulting in the errors above. Thus by either removing the fincl tag from the use case file, or by setting a new fincl value in user_nl_cam, the error was resolved and the model ran as expected.

Hope that helps, and have a great day!

Jesse

NiCosentino

Nicolas Cosentino
Hi Jesse and CAM community,
I have an issue associated to this original thread. However, I continue with this here because I am under the impression that my issue may be solved similarly as to what you proposed in your latest entry here. I am trying to run an F1850 simulation in CESM 2.1.3, but switching to CAM5 rather than CAM6. I did what you proposed in my other threat, that is, modify user_nl_cam so that the 2000 chemistry files were modified to 1850 (or 1849-2100) files, but I still get an error in the same place: inputdata/atm/cam/chem/trop_mozart_aero/emis/aerocom_mam3_dms_surf_1849-2100_c120315.nc - cycle year not found: 1850. Note that the chemistry file now is for the period 1849-2100, so it should contain info for 1850. May it be instead a problem related to the fincl tag in the use case file as you mentioned previously? Only that in my case, as I am running with CAM5, it may be that I should look into 1850-2005_cam5.xml rather than 1850_cam6.xml as was in Colleen's case? I am not sure exactly how I would go about confirming that this may be the case in the 1850-2005_cam5.xml file (there is no "pure" 1850_cam5.xml file). If this were to be what's causing my code crush, I would prefer to set a new fincl value in user_nl_cam rather than remove the fincl tag from the case file (so as to only modify it for my case). If I were to confirm there is no problem with this user file, then I could continue troubleshooting in the CAM-Chem forum.

Thank you Jesse again in advance for any possible feedback!

Nico

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Nico,

Apologies for the delayed response! Work projects pulled me away from the forum last week.

Anyways, it looks like there is a bug in the CAM namelist configuration somewhere that is causing all of these problems, so I have made an issue on Github to see if it can be resolved.

In the meantime, one option may be to update the chemistry module so that you'll use CAM5's physics with CAM6's chemistry. This can be done
by appending the line:

-chem trop_mam4

To CAM_CONFIG_OPTS in env_run.xml (the same location where you set the physics to be CAM5). You also might want to add the following lines to your user_nl_cam file in order to exactly match CAM6's chemistry for this particular compset:

Code:
 chem_use_chemtrop              = .true.
 depvel_lnd_file                = '/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/trop_mozart/dvel/regrid_vegetation.nc'
 exo_coldens_file               = '/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/trop_mozart/phot/exo_coldens.nc'
 ext_frc_cycle_yr               =   1850
 ext_frc_specifier              = 'H2O -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/elev/H2O_emission_CH4_oxidationx2_elev_3DmonthlyL70_1850climoCMIP6piControl001_y21-50avg_c180802.nc',
         'num_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_so4_a1_anthro-ene_vertical_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'num_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_a1_so4_contvolcano_vertical_850-5000_0.9x1.25_c20170724.nc',
         'num_a2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_a2_so4_contvolcano_vertical_850-5000_0.9x1.25_c20170724.nc',
         'SO2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SO2_contvolcano_vertical_850-5000_0.9x1.25_c20170724.nc',
         'so4_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_so4_a1_anthro-ene_vertical_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'so4_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_so4_a1_contvolcano_vertical_850-5000_0.9x1.25_c20170724.nc',
         'so4_a2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_so4_a2_contvolcano_vertical_850-5000_0.9x1.25_c20170724.nc'
 ext_frc_type           = 'CYCLICAL'
 fstrat_list            = ' '
 rsf_file               = '/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/waccm/phot/RSF_GT200nm_v3.0_c080811.nc'
 srf_emis_cycle_yr              =  1850
 srf_emis_specifier             = 'bc_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_bc_a4_anthro_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170608.nc',
         'bc_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_bc_a4_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'DMS -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_DMS_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'DMS -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_DMS_other_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'num_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_so4_a1_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'num_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_so4_a1_anthro-ag-ship_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'num_a2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_so4_a2_anthro-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'num_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_bc_a4_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'num_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_bc_a4_anthro_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170608.nc',
         'num_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_pom_a4_anthro_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170608.nc',
         'num_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_num_pom_a4_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170509.nc',
         'pom_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_pom_a4_anthro_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170608.nc',
         'pom_a4 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_pom_a4_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'SO2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ag-ship-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'SO2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SO2_anthro-ene_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'SO2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SO2_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'so4_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_so4_a1_anthro-ag-ship_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'so4_a1 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_so4_a1_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'so4_a2 -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_so4_a2_anthro-res_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170616.nc',
         'SOAG -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SOAGx1.5_anthro_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170608.nc',
         'SOAG -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SOAGx1.5_bb_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc',
         'SOAG -> /glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/CMIP6_emissions_1750_2015/emissions-cmip6_SOAGx1.5_biogenic_surface_1750-2015_0.9x1.25_c20170322.nc'
 srf_emis_type          = 'CYCLICAL'
 tracer_cnst_cycle_yr           =    1850
 tracer_cnst_datapath           = '/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/cam/tracer_cnst'
 tracer_cnst_file               = 'tracer_cnst_WACCM6_halons_3DmonthlyL70_1850climoCMIP6piControl001_y21-50avg_c180802.nc'
 tracer_cnst_filelist           = ''
 tracer_cnst_specifier          = 'O3','OH','NO3','HO2'
 tracer_cnst_type               = 'CYCLICAL'
 xactive_prates         = .false.
 xs_long_file           = '/glade/p/cesmdata/cseg/inputdata/atm/waccm/phot/temp_prs_GT200nm_JPL10_c140624.nc'

I have checked that it works, so it should be able to get you going while still producing scientifically reasonable results, at least until the bug is (hopefully) fixed.

Hope that helps, and have a great day!

Jesse