Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Installing data sets on another platform

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Sir,
I am trying to run for IO and getting the following error.
FATAL from PE 8: MPP_DEFINE_DOMAINS: number of points in X must be even when there is a fold in Y for ice modelc

Please help me to find the source of the error..

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
NOTE from PE 0: callTree: ---> ice_model_init(), ice_model.F90

FATAL from PE 9: MPP_DEFINE_DOMAINS: number of points in X must be even when there is a fold in Y for ice modelc

Rank 9 [Fri Jul 1 11:14:34 2022] [c3-0c1s3n1] application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 9

FATAL from PE 4: MPP_DEFINE_DOMAINS: number of points in X must be even when there is a fold in Y for ice modelc

Sir,
kindly give me a clue to find out the error.

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Sir,
previous error I solved.
A new error has encountered now.

FATAL from PE 1: set_group_update: update_buffer_pos .NE. unpack_buffer_pos
What is the source of this error??

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Sir,
if I give OBC_segments then following error is coming.
FATAL from PE 0: fms_io(field_size): field SALT_SEGMENT_001)â<80>_segment_001 NOT found in file INPUT/obc_woa13_m1_12.nc

Why is this coming..??

In MOM_input, you should have something like:
OBC_SEGMENT_002_DATA = "U=file:OBC.nc(u),V=file:OBC.nc(v),SSH=file:OBC.nc(zeta),TEMP=file:OBC.nc(temp),SALT=file:OBC.nc(salt)"
but then in the file, the names are like:
double salt_segment_001(time, nz_segment_001_salt, ny_segment_001, nx_segment_001) ;
double vc_salt_segment_001(time, nz_segment_001_salt, ny_segment_001, nx_segment_001) ;
double dz_salt_segment_001(time, nz_segment_001_salt, ny_segment_001, nx_segment_001) ;
Did you perhaps have SALT=file:obc.nc(SALT_SEGMENT_001)? What salt variable is in your file?

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Sorry madam for the repeated post.

In ferret : Salt variables are SALT_SEGMENT_002 and SALT_SEGMENT_001.
Temp variables are TEMP_SEGMENT_001 and TEMP_SEGMENT_002.

ncdump -h showing:
double temp_segment_001(time, nz_segment_001_temp, ny_segment_001, nx_segment_001) ;
double temp_segment_002(time, nz_segment_002_temp, ny_segment_002, nx_segment_002) ;
double salt_segment_001(time, nz_segment_001_salt, ny_segment_001, nx_segment_001) ;
double salt_segment_002(time, nz_segment_002_salt, ny_segment_002, nx_segment_002) ;

I wrote the following in MOM_input:
OBC_SEGMENT_001_DATA = “TEMP=file:obc_woa13_m1_12.nc.nc(TEMP),SALT=file:obc_woa13_m1_12.nc.nc(SALT)”
OBC_SEGMENT_002_DATA = “TEMP=file:obc_woa13_m1_12.nc.nc(TEMP),SALT=file:obc_woa13_m1_12.nc.nc(SALT)” .

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
There are two segments:
OBC_SEGMENT_001 = "J=0,I=1:84,FLATHER"
OBC_SEGMENT_002 = "I=N,J=10:20,FLATHER"

If ncdump is showing lowercase temp_segment_001, then I would try lowercase (temp) in your MOM_input.

That said, there's a recently reported bug where providing data on only part of the OBC doesn't yet work. I'm looking into it. The errors reported for that are different, though.

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Madam,
I tried with lowercase temp and salt, but the same error is shown.
I checked the fms_io.F90 file and found that the following:

if( PRESENT(field_found) )then
field_found = found
else if (.not. found )then
call mpp_error(FATAL, 'fms_io(field_size): field '//trim(fieldname)//' NOT found in file '//trim(actual_file))
end if
But I cannot understand why â<80> is coming instead of salt in my case. Should I change anything here?

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Madam, is it helpful if I change the variable name ?
Is that hidden characters created during OBC file generation from WOA data ?

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
In MOM_input, you should have something like:

but then in the file, the names are like:

Did you perhaps have SALT=file:obc.nc(SALT_SEGMENT_001)? What salt variable is in your file?
Madam,
I am troubling with those characters till now. Can you please share me any sample obc.nc file so that I can match it with my file?

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Ok madam. I will check the MOM_input file.
When I am giving only U,V and SSH information the following error is coming:

FATAL from PE 19: set_group_update: update_buffer_pos .NE. unpack_buffer_pos

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Dear Sir/Madam,
The previous issue is resolved. The following error is encountered now:
FATAL from PE 0: Overflow in reproducing_EFP_sum(_2d) conversion of 6.78837E+51
Please help me a bit.