Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Invalid value error for "scm_iop_lhflxshflxTg=.true."

r_a_khan

Ramsha Khan
I am running a single column model and I set the following variable in the namelist:

scm_iop_lhflxshflxTg=.true.

However when I try to build the case, I get the following:

"err=CAM build-namelist - ERROR: Invalid namelist variable in '-infile' .../Case_3.1/Buildconf/camconf/namelist.
ERROR: in validate_variable_value (package Build::Namelist): Variable name scm_iop_lhflxshflxtg has values that does NOT match any of the valid values: iop eulc slt off."

This doesn't match the valid values given in the namelist definitions at CESM2 CAM6.3 Namelist Definitions:

• Valid Values ['.true.', '.false.']
  • Possible Default Values
  • Description and out-of-the-box Default: Use the SCAM-IOP specified surface LHFLX/SHFLX/ustar/Tg instead of using internally-computed values
    Default: FALSE
As I want to use the IOP file values, I tried setting the value to be 'iop' instead as suggested by the error. However that gives me:

"
err=CAM build-namelist - ERROR: Invalid namelist variable in '-infile' .../Case_3.1/Buildconf/camconf/namelist.
ERROR: in _validate_pair (package Build::NamelistDefinition): Variable name scm_iop_lhflxshflxtg has an input value of type string,
'iop'
but is defined as type logical in /home/sm_ramkh/cesm2.1.0/components/cam/bld/namelist_files/namelist_definition.xml
"

If someone could shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ramsha

csp

CSP
Hi @r_a_khan
I am also facing a similar issue, have you been able to resolve this issue? If yes then could you please help to resolve this? Many thanks in advance.
Code:
Building case in directory /home/csp/my_cesm_sandbox_2_1_3/cime/scripts/casename
sharedlib_only is False
model_only is False
Generating component namelists as part of build
Creating component namelists
   Calling /home/csp/my_cesm_sandbox_2_1_3/components/cam//cime_config/buildnml
     ...calling cam buildcpp to set build time options
ERROR: Command /home/csp/my_cesm_sandbox_2_1_3/components/cam/bld/build-namelist -ntasks 1 -csmdata /home/csp/OUTPUT/CESM/cesm-inputdata -infile /home/csp/my_cesm_sandbox_2_1_3/cime/scripts/casename/Buildconf/camconf/namelist -ignore_ic_date -use_case scam_arm97 -inputdata /home/csp/my_cesm_sandbox_2_1_3/cime/scripts/casename/Buildconf/cam.input_data_list -namelist " &atmexp /"  failed rc=255
out=
err=CAM build-namelist - ERROR: Invalid namelist variable in '-infile' /home/csp/my_cesm_sandbox_2_1_3/cime/scripts/casename/Buildconf/camconf/namelist.
 ERROR: in validate_variable_value (package Build::Namelist): Variable name scm_iop_lhflxshflxtg has values that does NOT match any of the valid values: iop eulc slt off.