Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

is there any 0.5deg transient landcover timeseries data for SSP

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, all
I plan to make a ssp simulation with 0.5deg landcover time series data, I have found the landuse.timeseries_0.9x1.25_SSP1-2.6_16pfts_Irrig_CMIP6_simyr1850-2100_c190214.nc at 1deg, and landuse.timeseries_0.5x0.5_SSP1_RCP26_simyr2015-2100_c220317.nc, it seems it is 0.5deg, but the PCT_CROP is not transient,
1710255297535.png

Do you know how to get the transient 0.5deg or f05deg land cover for future.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The best way to find out if there is an existing dataset is to setup a case for the compset and resolution you want to run. If the datasets aren't available then you would have to create them using the mksurfdata_map tool.
I don't see the 0.5 dataset you mentioned in our repository. Let us know where you found it.

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
The best way to find out if there is an existing dataset is to setup a case for the compset and resolution you want to run. If the datasets aren't available then you would have to create them using the mksurfdata_map tool.
I don't see the 0.5 dataset you mentioned in our repository. Let us know where you found it.
Hi, Oleson,
The 0.5deg data i mention can be found here:

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Judging from the path I guess that must have been created from the E3SM side because I don't see it in our own repository. So I can't speak to why it doesn't have transient crop.