Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ISSP compset error

Chr

Christian Dold
Dear Keith Oleson,

I write you regarding my ISSP compset case. After your suggested a fix, I ran into a new error message (cesm.log attached):

:
Writing to file XXX.cism.initial_hist.2020-01-01-00000.nc at time
0.000000000000000E+000
MCT::m_SparseMatrixPlus:: FATAL--length of vector y different from row count of sMat.Length of y = 8216 Number of rows in sMat = 55296
05F.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from MCT::m_SparseMatrixPlus::initDistributed_()
:
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 2) - process 35forrtl: error (78): process killed (SIGTERM)

Is this connected to the CISM submodel? If so, is there a way to circumvent the error or find a fix?

One idea was to use SGLC instead of CISM, because the glacier model is not of interest to my research. However, the standard ISSP compsets are all coupled with CISM.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• cesm.log.3295094.210122-094323.txt
    75 KB · Views: 2

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I don't know for sure, but that seems like a reasonable assumption.
I guess my suggestion would be to make sure that you can run with that compset and grid out of the box and then put in your changes one at a time if possible to isolate the problem.
Regarding SGLC instead of CISM, as you say, the ISSP compsets are all setup with "CISM2%NOEVOLVE".
Each compset has a long name however that you could manipulate to use SGLC instead. E.g.,

ISSP585Clm50BgcCrop: SSP585_DATM%GSWP3v1_CLM50%BGC-CROP_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_SWAV

could be changed to:

SSP585_DATM%GSWP3v1_CLM50%BGC-CROP_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV

Not all combinations are possible however, so you'd just have to try it and see if it works.