Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

It doesn't work in changing surface data

Jie Hsu

Jie Hsu
Hi all,

I want to run two B1850 time series experiments use CESM 2.1.4, and I also changed the surface data in one of them, but it doesn't work (i.e., it outputs the same result as the CTR simulation).

I ran two B1850 time series simulations:

Control simulation:
echo "flanduse_timeseries = '/work1/u7719052/surf_data/landuse.timeseries_0.9x1.25_hist_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr1850-2015_c170824.nc'" >> user_nl_clm
echo 'use_init_interp = .true.' >> user_nl_clm
echo "check_dynpft_consistency = .false." >> user_nl_clm
./xmlchange CLM_NAMELIST_OPTS="use_init_interp=.true. init_interp_method='general'"

Experiment simulation:
echo "flanduse_timeseries = '/work1/u7719052/surf_data/landuse.timeseries_0.9x1.25_hist_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr1850-2015_c170824_DEFOREST.nc'" >> user_nl_clm
echo 'use_init_interp = .true.' >> user_nl_clm
echo "check_dynpft_consistency = .false." >> user_nl_clm
./xmlchange CLM_NAMELIST_OPTS="use_init_interp=.true. init_interp_method='general'"

I can't understand why it showed the same total LAI in both CTR and Experiment simulations...
1725033901218.png

In the "lnd_in" file, you can see that it has already read the time series surface data, so I am not sure why it doesn't work.
1725034172999.png

Thank you, and I hope someone can help.

Best,
Jie

slevis

Another user posted a similar problem, and I gave this response, maybe it will help: