Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

lats and lons reported by grc%latdeg and grc%londeg not as expected

nick

Herold
Hi, I've added the following line to write out the lat and lon of the current grid cell in the Photosynthesis subroutine.
write (iulog,*) 'LAT/LON CHECK: ', grc%latdeg(g), grc%londeg(g)
I put it at the beginning of the leaf-level photosynthesis loop at line 3239 here. I expected this line to be called at least once for essentially every land grid cell where there is a PFT (so almost all, if not all, land grid cells). But this is clearly not happening, the lats and lons that are written out do not include all lats and lons where there is land and vegetation. I've run a 5 day simulation and looked at all of the lat and lons written out by the above line, and for example, not once is the latitude -23.68 written out, even though at the resolution of this configuration (f19_f19) this is a latitude used by the model and that certainly has land and vegetation, so should be written out. There are numerous lats and lons that - when looking at the CLM grid - should be reported but are not. I know this loop gets called for most/every land grid cell because output from further inside gets written to the correct grid cells in the history tapes. So I'm clearly misinterpreting the code in some simple but fundamental way. Any help would be appreciated.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Are you looking at both the cesm and lnd logs? Output will appear in both.