Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

make: *** [shr_kind_mod.o] error 127

zhangguanhao

zhangguanhao
Dear all:

When I compile 'mksurfdata_map', error occurs.

(base) [zhangguanhao@master src]$ cd /home/zhangguanhao/CLM5/clm5.0/tools/mksurfdata_map/src
(base) [zhangguanhao@master src]$ make
make: /usr/local/lib/../bin/nf-config:Command not found
ifort -ftz -g -fp-model precise -convert big_endian -assume byterecl -traceback -FR -O2 -c -I/usr/local/include -DOPT -DLINUX -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -I. -I. -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/lib shr_kind_mod.F90
make: ifort:Command not found
make: *** [shr_kind_mod.o] error 127

But the compiler I used is gcc, not intel, so I don't know why it will use ifort when I execute 'make'.
Do I need to modify some original code in 'mksurfdata_map' or set some environments variables?

I tried to use 'gmake' to compile the 'mksurfdata_map' but error still exists.

Could you please give some suggestions to solve this?

Thanks so much!

slevis

Any suggestions @erik or others?

Otherwise I suggest asking for guidance from the system admins of the machine that you are working on.

zhangguanhao

zhangguanhao
Any suggestions @erik or others?

Otherwise I suggest asking for guidance from the system admins of the machine that you are working on.
Thank you for your kind help!
It was caused by the missing of environment variables and questions can be solved by setting some environment variables which are used in 'makefile', like USER_FC and USER_CC etc.
Thanks again and hava a good day sir!