Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Memory debugging

fritzt

Thibaud Fritz
Dear all,

I am reaching out to see if anyone has experience with running CIME with a memory debugger on Cheyenne.

I have been in charge of the coupling between CESM and GEOS-Chem, and I believe that I am running into some stack corruption, which surprisingly disappears when DEBUG is turned on.

I have been able to run ARM DDT on Cheyenne following a previous Github issue, but I have been unsuccessful with memory debugging. I have tried to statically link CIME with dmalloc libraries as described in the ARM Forge User Guide. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work, and I am wondering if anyone is able to run CIME with a memory debugger on Cheyenne.

Any hints on how to move forward would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Thibaud

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I have tried in the past, but haven't in a long time. If you are looking for a memory leak we often use the
memusage routines in the gptl library. gptlprint_memusage, gptlget_memusage.